Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Southdown & Eridge Hunt's traditional boxing day meet has been stymied

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I love this story and hope it actually happens, I might even take myself the Lewes for wheelbarrow racing on Boxing Day.

As for the claim that they follow a scented trail, why don’t they use cheese as the scent, or chocolate, or garlic, or anything other than the scent of a freshly slaughtered fox cub? If They’re giving the hounds dead fox as a scent to follow, then why not the scent of garlic and onions? The reason is because they are, to a man and woman, scum of the earth, lowest of the low, mostly chinless Tory ****s who deserve to rot in a pit.

BTW, I live in the country, I own guns (clay pigeon), I don’t mind a ride on a horse, I have a Barbour jacket and Aigle wellies. I don’t now, and never have, felt the need to be a sick murderous piece of excrement.
I agree with you on most of this except " Tory ****s who deserve to rot in a pit."

1. Why does NSC so often descend into this language?
2. Have you conducted a poll on the scums voting habits? They might be Lib Dem ****s who deserve to rot in a pit. Or even Labour !!!!

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree with you on most of this except " Tory ****s who deserve to rot in a pit."

1. Why does NSC so often descent into this language?
2. Have you conducted a poll on the scums voting habits? They might be Lib Dem ****s who deserve to rot in a pit. Or even Labour !!!!
On the one hand, yes, who knows where people put their cross in the sanctity of the ballot booth.

On the other hand? Nahhh they are as blatantly tory as tory can be

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

You're a bit nuts!
Are you being serious?
You've been away too long.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Given most of these activities take place in the countryside it would be a pretty safe assumption that most are tories though there are a few liberal areas in south west.

Added to that is Labour are seen as the group who introduced the Ban pretty sure with Liberal support and some urban Tories .

The Countryside Alliance is very much a tory based organisation .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
On the one hand, yes, who knows where people put their cross in the sanctity of the ballot booth.

On the other hand? Nahhh they are as blatantly tory as tory can be
I notice that nobody has answered the first point.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I notice that nobody has answered the first point.
Further to Nobbys reply, I think if you really want an honest answer as to why some folk feel so angry, saddened and disgusted, particularly by the last 4 years of Tory rule, and may use such colourful language as Tory c****, then you have to allow yourself to understand the minds of those that do and why.

It's not particularly about animal cruelty from my own part. Add fascism racism murder (even of our own elderly) and such continual greed, corruption & lies.
Im afraid even your question though suggests that you don't. There is plenty within these boards to give you the answers why.

Hitler was popular once. Took a while for those around him to see differently. And yes I do think it's a fair comparison.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Further to Nobbys reply, I think if you really want an honest answer as to why some folk feel so angry, saddened and disgusted, particularly by the last 4 years of Tory rule, and may use such colourful language as Tory c****, then you have to allow yourself to understand the minds of those that do and why.

It's not particularly about animal cruelty from my own part. Add fascism racism murder (even of our own elderly) and such continual greed, corruption & lies.
Im afraid even your question though suggests that you don't. There is plenty within these boards to give you the answers why.

Hitler was popular once. Took a while for those around him to see differently. And yes I do think it's a fair comparison.
I think they are a corrupt bunch of cronies but don´t feel the need for such venom.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Fair enough, the president and vice president who campaign for the abolition of the hunting ban are both labour peers, they can get in the burning pit and die too. The language is perfectly acceptable in describing those people who actively enjoy causing harm and death to animals for fun.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let's have a conversation about how many hounds they get through in a year.....

Somewhat disputed, but it's tradition innit :shrug:

During the Burns Inquiry, which ultimately led to the Hunting Act, the Countryside Alliance admitted that hunts would ‘remove’ 3000 foxhounds, or an average of 16 hounds per pack, before the 2000/01 hunting season. It also said that the number for other types of hunts would be proportionally similar. And that hunts would kill about 10% of this number of hound pups.

Looking at how many are killed, POWA’s calculations suggested between 4942 and 7302 foxhounds killed per year across 195 packs, with approximately 3250 to 4500 of those in English and Welsh hunts. These approximate to 15% of hounds killed per pack. For one specific example, Hunting Leaks’s 2020 documents from the Mendip Farmers Hunt describe the hunt having killed 6.5 couple, or 13 hounds, between April and June of that year. This translates to roughly 16%.

https://protectthewild.org.uk/wildl...what-happens-to-hounds-from-previous-seasons/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it doesn't descend to this language. it's normal terms some use to express their view of Tories. they are the nasty party after all. nothing to do with this subject, or recent times as some try to excuse, its just standard langauge from some, and its accepted as such. it is pretty wierd as those that do would be appalled at automatic insults aimed at any other group.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
it doesn't descend to this language. it's normal terms some use to express their view of Tories. they are the nasty party after all. nothing to do with this subject, or recent times as some try to excuse, its just standard langauge from some, and its accepted as such. it is pretty wierd as those that do would be appalled at automatic insults aimed at any other group.
Run the country into the ground for 13 years, exist solely to serve their own interests.

It’s perfectly justified language

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Given most of these activities take place in the countryside it would be a pretty safe assumption that most are tories though there are a few liberal areas in south west.

Added to that is Labour are seen as the group who introduced the Ban pretty sure with Liberal support and some urban Tories .

The Countryside Alliance is very much a tory based organisation .
One of my best photos - so I might as well take the opportunity to post it! This was the 'Fight For the Fox' when Cameron tried to have a vote on making hunting lawful again. And then, when it became clear that he was going to lose the vote - he pulled the debate on the morning it was going to happen. A clear indication of his running away from difficulty habit that so clearly later manifested itself the day after losing the Brexit vote.

1701801761418.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here