Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, I tried that but just get an error that says "failed to add pass - an error occurred while adding the pass to wallet. Please try again later. Have done that about ten times now. I'll ring the club at some point unless anyone has a solution.

Now I know it's a running joke, but seriously, have you tried resetting the phone? (turning it on and off again...:))

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was always the case that if you REALLY wanted to go to a game, then you'd end up going to that game, just by trying a bit harder than most. Suspect this game won't be much different :shrug:

The fact that tickets can't be passed on privately, due to the ID check at the stadium entrance, makes that somewhat more difficult.

So, you'll be reliant on the ticket exchange, which may well include returns of any tickets the club may have held back for partners and the like.

Frankly, your best bet is to find someone who can code a bit to programatically check the ticketing site frequently, and fire an alert when it finds availability.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd agree with you for away games, where at most 5,000+ want to go, but clearly in this instance there is at least double that amount.

Dunno. Watch the skies, monitor tbe tkt exchange. Very many bennies with guaranteed tkts will finally decide they can't go. Oh well :shrug:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
No offence intended, but with such limited tickets wouldn't it be fairer to let someone else have it?

And is an 8pm on a cold Monday night a good experience for a 5 year old? I certainly wouldn't have taken mine when they were that age unless the sun was out and it was during the day.

Don't get your fanny in a twist. I wasn't actually talking about this game - it was a general observation for all games when only 2k allowed.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Speaking as one of the 20,000 regular season ticket holders who haven't been able to get a ticket for this game, I find this post deeply irritating.

It's a question. That's all. I upgraded mid last season (for this season) as I had an OAP ticket and an Adult ticket. Upgrading to 1901 meant I could take my son as my Dad is getting older and as has been mentioned before, you cant just shift a ST to someone else's name.
Sorry if you find it irritating but it's a totally legitimate question

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
From the club info:

"1901 Club members will also be required to provide the name, email address and phone number for each individual ticket owner when claiming their tickets"

Thank you.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The fact that tickets can't be passed on privately, due to the ID check at the stadium entrance, makes that somewhat more difficult.

So, you'll be reliant on the ticket exchange, which may well include returns of any tickets the club may have held back for partners and the like.

Frankly, your best bet is to find someone who can code a bit to programatically check the ticketing site frequently, and fire an alert when it finds availability.

Surely when the ticket exchange kicks in it will only offer to the tier that was eligible when it sold out, like with the away tickets?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely when the ticket exchange kicks in it will only offer to the tier that was eligible when it sold out, like with the away tickets?

It is not the same though is it. Those tickets are sold on a loyalties points priority basis. These are random windows drawn, so pretty sure that once window 4 kicks in tomorrow morning every STH will be able to access the ticket exchange and I think there is a date where just members will be able to?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No. If you look at the ticket exchange section on the club website it says once all tickets are sold via the ballot system the exchange kicks in. All 1901 and regular Season ticket holders then have a priority window for the exchange. Once this window passes then it’s everyone.

pigcity

Dec 1, 2020
With the Chelsea game and using a ticket on your phone (iphone in my case) they scan the backside of of the phone not front facing as you would at an airport. So it would not scan without taking my (thin) case off. Otherwise I would have had to go to the ticket office and get a physical ticket. So would recommend anyone going to take a back up print at home ticket just in case.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Have those who were successful got email confirmation? Mine still to come through, not sure if something has got lost in ether.

Mine arrived with attached PDF tickets a matter of minutes after the booking was complete. Check your Spam / Junk mail folders... and if no joy, I would contact the club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have those who were successful got email confirmation? Mine still to come through, not sure if something has got lost in ether.

Log into your account, click on your name and look on the tickets tab to see if you got them ok

Edit, ignore you posted the same time as me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here