Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the South Lanes

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I'm off to a restaurant tonight described on their website as being in the 'South Lanes'. I've noticed more people using this term recently, and find it a bit annoying, it's always been just the Lanes to me. Maybe i'm just becoming a pedantic boring old fart . .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess, as a description, it helps out those who are not local to find places

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's RETARDED.

A term dreamed up by OUTSIDERS who seem to think there is some kind of correlation between NORTH LAINE and THE LANES when of course THERE IS NOT.

I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten arsey about this, correcting morons who know no better only to be told "whatever".

NO NOT "WHATEVER", f***ing LEARN YOU IGNORANT OUTSIDER f***. PLAY BY OUR RULES OR f*** OFF BACK TO RUSSIA

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's RETARDED.

A term dreamed up by OUTSIDERS who seem to think there is some kind of correlation between NORTH LAINE and THE LANES when of course THERE IS NOT.

I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten arsey about this, correcting morons who know no better only to be told "whatever".

NO NOT "WHATEVER", f***ing LEARN YOU IGNORANT OUTSIDER f***. PLAY BY OUR RULES OR f*** OFF BACK TO RUSSIA

Why would a Londoner want to go to Russia ?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I'm off to a restaurant tonight described on their website as being in the 'South Lanes'. I've noticed more people using this term recently, and find it a bit annoying, it's always been just the Lanes to me. Maybe i'm just becoming a pedantic boring old fart . .

Your restaurant is in The Lanes, which is the medieval part of Brighton. North Laine is in the Victorian part of Brighton and refers to field system which was in place there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't do a lot of shopping in the North Laines myself but I do drink in quite a few pubs there. Same goes for the South Laines.

*South Lanes

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
People nowadays always have to tamper and change things. I'm proud of the fact that I lived in Newick Road, South Falmer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not pedantic at all, its simply calling places by their proper name. care to name the eatery so we can vent at them?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I've never seen so many people get precious about a bunch of roads before. Anyway, I'm off out - think I might have a stroll along Brighton Pier :D :D

D

Deleted User X18H

Krakatoa, I AM FCUKING ERUPTING HERE. What is the name of this resturant ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here