Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are aware that the club has implied a solution is available and invited contact with supporter services for non-smart-phone-owning fans such as this?
That isn't good enough. If they have an alternative, they should say what it is up front. Why is the onus on the supporter to contact the club?

Yoda

English & European
Someone has mentioned on this thread that it will be a season ticket card with a photo.

If it were, and optional as in you could chose between which you used, I would much rather have one of those and pay the £10-15 cost to cover producing one and having it posted.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

That isn't good enough. If they have an alternative, they should say what it is up front. Why is the onus on the supporter to contact the club?

Because it’s a secret.

Maybe advertising the exception encourages others who in reality don’t need a paper ticket from applying and for ease the club would prefer e tickets for the majority?

Also I doubt these a one size fits all solution for those without a smartphone, maybe assessing on a individual basis is mutually beneficial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If it were, and optional as in you could chose between which you used, I would much rather have one of those and pay the £10-15 cost to cover producing one and having it posted.

Yes, I expect there will be a charge, I will be happy if it’s that price.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I know of someone who wasn’t attending who had a letter on this point.

I can understand it on the basis there’s a waiting list and empty seats isnt a good look

What with this approach, and the new Sharing scheme, it seems the club’s (obscured) intention is to wheedle out the STHs who can’t go to many games. En guarde guys.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What with this approach, and the new Sharing scheme, it seems the club’s (obscured) intention is to wheedle out the STHs who can’t go to many games. En guarde guys.

Without knowing the circumstances if someone can’t go to many games why would they need to have a season ticket and deprive fans wanting to go on the waiting list?

Sure if it’s a short term measure fine, (illness, availability) but surely there comes a point when it needs to change hands to benefit all parties?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just renewed mine and the sons online. The credit balance left in means we are only paying c.£27 a month next season which is a bonus

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I know at least one, plus another who doesn't have a smart phone (and who feels forced out by this).

Not everyone drives and goes abroad.

:thumbsup: I did say it must be a tiny amount. No need for your acquaintance to feel forced out; they just contact supporter services and get the photo season ticket card.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't drive and my last passport expired 10 years ago, so in effect, I don't have photo ID.

Which is the trouble with the UK not having ID cards. Just contact supporter services and explain. :thumbsup:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Daft question but can’t easily see answer myself. My lad (now an adult STH) may not be able to make several games next season. Happy to offer his seat to my pal under the ‘MyAlbion’ scheme and pay the £28, but showing as currently ‘off sale’. Can anyone assist...will this be coming back on line anytime soon?
Many thanks

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Have you thought with 1000s of ST holders now asked to pay £20 together with 1000s of new MyAlbion members at £25 this could just be seen as additional income. Very clever for something that was done for nothing last year

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just been sent by a Man Utd ST holder extract from terms and conditions
For each home match, a ticket holder shall (on a match by match basis ) be entitled to lend their season ticket to a friend or a member of their family

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Without knowing the circumstances if someone can’t go to many games why would they need to have a season ticket and deprive fans wanting to go on the waiting list?

Sure if it’s a short term measure fine, (illness, availability) but surely there comes a point when it needs to change hands to benefit all parties?

For those happy to pay a few hundred quid a year to attend a handful of games, they don’t give much of a shit about depriving others a ticket........they don’t ‘need’ a season ticket, but they have one in case they fancy going to a game.

I know several former colleagues in London that were STHs at two London clubs, simply so they could go to a game most weekends and not have to worry about tickets. Pretty sure we have a number of STHs that are happy to pay a few hundred a year on the off-chance they might want to go to a game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
[emoji106] I did say it must be a tiny amount. No need for your acquaintance to feel forced out; they just contact supporter services and get the photo season ticket card.
They have both been season ticket holders for over 35 years (each - one is aged 87), but apparently increasingly thinking they can't be bothered any more, especially given potential ongoing covid related crap.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to agree. If we didn't have a waiting list and matchday tickets weren't selling out then it wouldn't be a problem but there will be some STH who only go to the big games and some, due to circumstances, can only make a few. The club, like many others, have pretty much turned a blind eye to sharing season tickets but I wonder whether they are under pressure from the authorities to either cut it out or at least ensure there are better records as to who is going.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
For those happy to pay a few hundred quid a year to attend a handful of games, they don’t give much of a shit about depriving others a ticket........they don’t ‘need’ a season ticket, but they have one in case they fancy going to a game.

I know several former colleagues in London that were STHs at two London clubs, simply so they could go to a game most weekends and not have to worry about tickets. Pretty sure we have a number of STHs that are happy to pay a few hundred a year on the off-chance they might want to go to a game.

I know a couple that have ST’s for both Arsenal & Brighton....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here