Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So about 18 months ago I spoke to the club and explained that my father was unable to get over from Ireland to use his season ticket regularly, possibly at all, due to illness. As he is 65+, asked about having it changed to a full adult one so it could be used by other adults during these circumstances. Email from Paul Barber making clear this would be completely out of kilter with Premier League regulations, and that there is a massive season ticket waiting list so he either needed to use it or lose it. For context, he's been an STH since 1993.

12 months ago, he receives a letter from the club saying his season ticket is being cancelled and withdrawn with immediate effect due to non-use.

Today, the club announces an initiative to allow all STH's to transfer tickets an unlimited amount of times.

:censored:

So then, it doesn’t sound as if anybody has seen or heard anything about how the club might treat STHs who can’t attend multiple games. Hopefully this means they’ll just be left alone rather than being punished further.

This post is on this thread, hopefully it may answer your question ngood77

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I believe that I read earlier in this thread that it has always been a condition of sale (not a new condition, or a change, from this coming season) that the club has the right to cancel / withdraw any season ticket that does not show at least 25% attendance.

Looks like you are going to have to trawl this thread after all, or read through the T&Cs for the tickets on the club website, i'm afraid, because my memory is no better than that.
Does the 25% attendance include times the ticket is sold on the exchange ? I have never been clear on that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apologies... wasn't meant to be directed at you specifically, just a generalised "you" to the world in general.
That's OK. I am as much against 'clever dodges' like buying a child season ticket just to have a reserved seat that can be upgraded when required, as anyone.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Have no problem passing over details of person I have given ticket to.
I am just about to buy 4 tickets to a Sussex 20/20 game and I dont even know who I will be going with.

The Hillsborough Tragedy wasn't something that happened at a cricket ground though and maybe if it hadn't been at a football ground we'd all be standing with a pint in hand watching games.

I'm not saying any of these rules are RIGHT, just that they are there.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If a registered fan but a non season ticket holder and a non Albion+ member wants to buy a ticket next season will this still be possible?

Presumably if so then they will need to have ID and a smartphone and wait their turn in allocation sale dates ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The key word there being UNOFFICIAL. We don't live in the same world we lived in 10 years ago.

The only scenario where you are genuinely out of pocket is if you were touting the ticket on a regular basis for closer to the match day price than the pro-rata price. And if that's why you are p1ssed at the club for doing this, then, in all honesty, tough sh1t.

If you really don't want to give the club the £20 for this facility but for some ungodly reason cannot bear to have your seat empty for a game, put your ticket on the exchange.

Maybe some are as you suggest.
I have three tickets with my two sons. for the first few years at the Amex, tickets were all in my name 1,2 and three. Anyone could go. then they had to have individual names. Still anyone could go. Now with ID neccessary only ticketholder can go unless you do whatever. My work and both my sons have jobs and family lives that mean mainly at short notice we can or can`t go. We have always found someone to go at long or short notice. Friends work colleagues or family. We have never charged anyone !! maybe got them to buy the halftime Beer.
This will mean one or more of our tickets will be unused almost every week. Why are we renewing you may ask ? In the hope we can fully utilise seats when covid passes and if we gave up the three they would be very hard to replace in future !!

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I believe the norm is attend at least 25 percent of games to retain ST though I'm not sure it's enforced. Surely most STs will be able to do that otherwise they would not be STs? Anyway at least there is now the option to pay to make it flexible. As I see it the club are trying to be helpful in a difficult situation.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm a non-STH but I do have MyAlbion+ family membership (or whatever it is called) partly as it is my way of putting some funds into the club and feeling like I 'belong' - but mostly because it is the only way I have of obtaining match tickets. I know this is selfish, but it is a bit galling that people who in reality have very little emotional connection / financial investment in the club, attend games using a borrowed ST because they are mates or a business contact with a STH holder who can't make a certain fixture. I know that sounds a bit petty but if at the very least they had MyAlbion+ membership at £25 a year that would be a bit better.

I'm certainly not going to claim I have never benefitted from the generousity a STH. I bought tickets for my son and I for the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley via a STH allowing me to use their fan number - but judging by the spare seats in the Albion end that evening, I certainly don't believe I had denied anyone else the opportunity of being there had they really wanted to be.

But I can of course see this from the persepective of STHs. If I could be certain that the vast majority of games would k/o at 3pm on a Saturday, I'd be all over a ST. But with games moved to Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings plus Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes, I'd end up being unable to attend a whole raft of games. I guess that is the situation many STHs find themselves in now. They have made the commitment, then the TV companies throw it all up in the air - often at relatively short notice. So I can see why STs get passed on.

Not sure where I'm going with this, except to say that if ID checking means that ultimatley more genuine fans get to go, in place of casual recipients, then broadly I'm in favour.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The Hillsborough Tragedy wasn't something that happened at a cricket ground though and maybe if it hadn't been at a football ground we'd all be standing with a pint in hand watching games.

I'm not saying any of these rules are RIGHT, just that they are there.

What are these rules that only apply to football ?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
How are these changes affecting those corporate 1901 seats ?
Do they just have to provide details of who is attending on a match by match basis ?
Do the guests have to be Albion + members to attend ?

This may be included in the ST pack mine only arrived earlier today
So I have yet to read it

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I believe that I read earlier in this thread that it has always been a condition of sale (not a new condition, or a change, from this coming season) that the club has the right to cancel / withdraw any season ticket that does not show at least 25% attendance.

Looks like you are going to have to trawl this thread after all, or read through the T&Cs for the tickets on the club website, i'm afraid, because my memory is no better than that.

Ok thanks Peter, that is interesting. Appreciate it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have three tickets with my two sons. for the first few years at the Amex, tickets were all in my name 1,2 and three. Anyone could go. then they had to have individual names. Still anyone could go. Now with ID neccessary only ticketholder can go unless you do whatever. My work and both my sons have jobs and family lives that mean mainly at short notice we can or can`t go. We have always found someone to go at long or short notice. Friends work colleagues or family. We have never charged anyone !! maybe got them to buy the halftime Beer.
This will mean one or more of our tickets will be unused almost every week. Why are we renewing you may ask ? In the hope we can fully utilise seats when covid passes and if we gave up the three they would be very hard to replace in future !!

_and_Son is off to uni in Sep (subject to covid!) so won't be renewing ours. After 9 years it just wouldn't feel right going without him week in/week out, even though family/friends is an option.

We'll switch to buying (summer/easter/christmas) matchdays for a few years and if he moves back to Brighton after uni then we'll join the list for ST again (hopefully).

Can't deny that "covid-football" has put a dent in my enjoyment over the past year so maybe that is influencing the decision not to hold on to the tickets until he comes back.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
This post is on this thread, hopefully it may answer your question ngood77

Yes even more interesting, thanks for reposting. Blimey I’d best get some face masks made up of my ugly mug.

Another great example of compassion from the club there [emoji2359]

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think it's pretty simple, if you KNOW you can't make the majority of the games for next season, then why buy a ticket?

Their could be someone on the waiting list that can makes all games and can't get a season ticket.

I know its very simplistic, but my job and family life allow me to all games with my sons, so I commit to paying for the ticket. Sometimes, rarely, I might not be able to go to games because of people not checking their calendar to see if their special day coincides with the Albion playing. In which case, the exchange is my friend.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

I do understand your dilemma but it occurs to me that you might be better to give up one of the three and pay for upgrading one of the other two so you could transfer among yourselves. Of course it would stop you all going the same week but it sounds as if this doesn't happen very often. Alternatively use the ticket exchange.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ok thanks Peter, that is interesting. Appreciate it.

As someone who has trawled through the T&Cs today, that is definitely the case and has always been so.

Essentially, it is 4 games a season you need to attend though I'm not sure the club have ever actually implemented it. Ultimately, it's just a bit of a catch all clause like...

18.4. The Club's failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, power or remedy provided by these Season Ticket Terms and Conditions or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that right, power or remedy.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I think it's pretty simple, if you KNOW you can't make the majority of the games for next season, then why buy a ticket?

Their could be someone on the waiting list that can makes all games and can't get a season ticket.

I know its very simplistic, but my job and family life allow me to all games with my sons, so I commit to paying for the ticket. Sometimes, rarely, I might not be able to go to games because of people not checking their calendar to see if their special day coincides with the Albion playing. In which case, the exchange is my friend.

Not so simple surely ... Will anyone know before renewal and before fixtures out whether they can make majority of games next season ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here