[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've now got Google Pay installed. As the direct debit automatically renews I guess I'll get sent some link to click at some point. Outside chance I suppose that the ticket just "magically" appears in Google Pay.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I posted before that after my son moved to London some years back, my two nephews had been 'sharing' his ticket and I was concerned about the introduction of ID. This goes a long way to resolving my issue as one of my nephews is now taking the ticket over. I just need one of my kids to show me the phone thing now.

I'm wondering whether I should buy a mustard V neck by way of recognition :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've now got Google Pay installed. As the direct debit automatically renews I guess I'll get sent some link to click at some point. Outside chance I suppose that the ticket just "magically" appears in Google Pay.

Zero chance of that, given the club won't know the OS of your mobile

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've now got Google Pay installed. As the direct debit automatically renews I guess I'll get sent some link to click at some point.

Yeah you'll get an email with something to click eventually.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is my concern. I used the Google Wallet option for both the Chelsea and Saints games and, each time, it took multiple attempts to persuade the reader to register my ticket, allowing access. I'd say I was holding up the queue for at least 2 minutes each time, holding my phone at differet angles and distances from the reader before it finally worked. I was certainly not the only one, so will be 'interesting' to see how the system copes with up to 30,000 people.

But assume as you got in, this would be evidence of success, regardless of the hold up to the queue. Digital isn't always better than analogue

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pleased with the recycleable packaging, well played to the club. They also included a flyer showing how to resubscribe to club emails, guess they must have noticed the large numbers of unsubscribers due purely to being bombarded with emails about exciting new signings for the women's team. Duly resubscribed. Was then minorly dismayed to find the filtering options are pretty broad brushstroke ie there's only about half a dozen general filtering options, none of which says please stop bombarding me with news of the women's team. Is there a hack to set that filter, anyone know, or did the club finally call a halt on the bombardment?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As well as the performing and/or effectiveness of ID checks, it'll be interesting to see how (if?) passing informally will work with an e-ticket if people still try it on - dunno if you can even transfer your 'wallet' given screenshoot won't work for STs ................if the ID checks are like some of the security searches it won't be too difficult to get past though :lolol::lolol: I won't be breaking any rules either

I was thinking about this the other day. You need to transfer cards and stuff in your wallet when you get a new phone, so presumably it should be easy enough to transfer it to your friend or family member's phone and for them to transfer it back. Failing that, I was thinking it'd be possible to put it on an old phone that could be physically lent, and there's the option for people like you that go every week with your son where your could just keep both tickets on each phone.

I'm sure a tech savvy geek will be able to poke holes in my cunning plans above.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pleased with the recycleable packaging, well played to the club. They also included a flyer showing how to resubscribe to club emails, guess they must have noticed the large numbers of unsubscribers due purely to being bombarded with emails about exciting new signings for the women's team. Duly resubscribed. Was then minorly dismayed to find the filtering options are pretty broad brushstroke ie there's only about half a dozen general filtering options, none of which says please stop bombarding me with news of the women's team. Is there a hack to set that filter, anyone know, or did the club finally call a halt on the bombardment?
I don't mind emails about singings for the woman's team. I do mind that the email title doesn't make it obvious and hence feeling tricked on opening the email. That is why I unsubscribed from all club marketing emails and directed the address to junk mail to be sure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't mind emails about singings for the woman's team. I do mind that the email title doesn't make it obvious and hence feeling tricked on opening the email. That is why I unsubscribed from all club marketing emails and directed the address to junk mail to be sure.

Yup, you're quite correct, the trick clickbait email titles were the clincher for me also. Somebody in the marketing dept trying to be a bit too clever for their own good and it backfiring badly

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
But assume as you got in, this would be evidence of success, regardless of the hold up to the queue. Digital isn't always better than analogue

But if even a small percentage of people suffer from the same issues then it won't talke long before large queues build up outside the stadium, which is never a good thing. I'm more than happy to embrace virtual tickets, I used them without problems in Portugal for the Nations League, but if the turnstlie infrastructure isn't up to it then they are setting themselves up for a fall.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Hello everybody.

Apologies for not reading all 300 posts beforehand but has anybody seen or heard any noise from the club in relation to penalising non-attendance of an STH ? What with the draconian changes being brought in, and the empty seats this will lead to, I was wondering how long it would be until I get a letter saying that if I don’t attend a certain number of games per season they might just relieve me of my cold seat ?

Ta

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I also had issues at the Chelsea game as only my ticket made it on to my phone and my sons didnt register - after lots of 'please stand aside sir' nonsense at the turnstiles and explaining myself multiple times to multiple stewards, they finally radioed a senior steward who finally came and took us out of the ground and back in again through some weird tradesmans entrance (all the while still giving the impression that they thought it was our fault and they were doing me a big favour

For that reason I'm sceptical that this will work well for typical 'Dad plus his kid' fan groups in larger crowds (unless theyve drastically improved the loading 2 tickets on to one phone part)

Im going to ask the club for a photo ID season ticket card instead (theyve told me that they will be doing them but not to ask them until June)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Draconian changes? Which ones?

I was wondering this too. Literally no changes are being made apart from changes giving the ability to officially share your ST with a mate!

(unless I've missed something somewhere)

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was wondering this too. Literally no changes are being made apart from changes giving the ability to officially share your ST with a mate!

(unless I've missed something somewhere)

the club has acted superbly throughout the pandemic and haas been very fair to STH and other fans. For next season it continues to operate within the law, has frozen ticket prices and is adding a few more choices whilst making allowances for those of us that can’t take advantage of those options ..... yet still fans complain.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If I miss one game and want to pass ticket on to somebody who is usually unable to attend the cost on top of ticket is £45 I call that over the top

Cost is the pro-rata difference between the age-range price of the ticket and the age-range price of the attendee. Not sure where you are getting £45 from. Is the ticket you are transferring for the youngest age group and upgrading to a full adult??

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I didn’t want to spark off the debate again about the new sharing option - none of us are going to change that, so we’ll just have to swallow the regression.

Keen to know what will happen to those STHs of us who cannot go to many games each season, for whatever reasons, and will now find it even harder to pass on their seat. I fear a Barber (read Bloom) tap on the shoulder at some point to question me as to whether I really am worthy of having the ST at all...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cost is the pro-rata difference between the age-range price of the ticket and the age-range price of the attendee. Not sure where you are getting £45 from. Is the ticket you are transferring for the youngest age group and upgrading to a full adult??

Not upgrading. If I cant go to one game and want to give to neighbour it will cost me £20 to allow me to pass ticket on and my neighbour will have to pay £25 to become a member Just strange will be cheaper to have an empty seat.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Surprising that none of the people who want to use a ticket would be a member and that £25 is beyond them all. Not unreasonable of the club to want to know who's coming to the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports