Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why have you changed your mind? Panicking that it's the best we can hope for as time runs out and a striker signing is a must, or done some more research and changed your mind?

My initial gut feeling is another CMS calibre striker - will bang in goals for fun in League One but never going to be prolific in the Championship. However, quite happy for someone to convince me otherwise.

He scored 5 goals in 10 games in the Championship when West Ham were promoted :shrug:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
No, I'm not saying it is true, or that it is not true. It's only a pointer to a story with a question mark so we can take it for what it is, a possible hint at what may be happening. It's not a trick thread.

There is about as much truth and accuracy on that page as there is in that football rumours website. Absolute bollocks spouted by someone with no idea (feel free to bump this when he signs)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bristol City signed Wilbraham specifically to partner Baldock, they had a great partnership at MK Dons, I can't see Bristol City getting rid of Baldock.

Wouldn't want to pay more than £750,000 for him. Was one of Bristol City's main strikers the season they went down, didn't get many over the season. Don't remember him playing that well against us and also saw him comfortably handled by Crawley's defenders a few months ago.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He scored 5 goals in 10 games in the Championship when West Ham were promoted :shrug:

2 goals in each of two games, one game of which was against a piss poor Blackpool. So 1 goal in the remaining 8 games.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
a piss poor blackpool that made it to the play off final???

You're quite right, I got my seasons mixed up there, sorry :blush:

Mind you, they lost the game in question 4-0 so they couldn't have been that good in that particular game :wink:

Anyway, I'm still not being convinced here that my gut feeling is wrong that a good league one striker is really his level.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
all this info is on another thread.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So you didn't consider Blackpool a Championship side? What about 2 goals against Leicester and 1 against Hull, making 5 goals in 10 games for his stats in the Championship.

So why are you not citing the 10 goals for Bristol City over an entire Championship season? We can all play statistics, which to be fair is exactly what I'm doing too. In total he got 5 goals in 22 appearances for West Ham.

It's only that I'll be extremely disappointed if Sam Baldock is our main striker target to replace proven Championship striker Ulloa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am so concerned about our current strike force being useless that I am getting desperate, luckily I'm not involved in the buying process as I may well go for a panic buy. It could well be Baldock

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So why are you not citing the 10 goals for Bristol City over an entire Championship season? We can all play statistics, which to be fair is exactly what I'm doing too.

It's only that I'll be extremely disappointed if Sam Baldock is our main striker target to replace proven Championship striker Ulloa.

I don't feel the need to research his life story.

And I think you will be disappointed then.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't feel the need to research his life story.

And I think you will be disappointed then.

So you think Baldock is our main target for a transfer?, and you'd be happy with that?

If that's the case I think you either have low expectations or are in panic mode as the deadline approaches. Surely we can expect better than this.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Baldock is our replacement for Leo we are going down. If he is the Hoskins replacement, I'm not so bothered.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you think Baldock is our main target for a transfer?, and you'd be happy with that?

If that's the case I think you either have low expectations or are in panic mode as the deadline approaches. Surely we can expect better than this.

I didn't say that. The only thing I am expecting is the club to get it right. If he is a target the club think we can afford then so be it, then it is up to the club, the manager and the player to prove themselves.

Could do worse than getting a Fernando Torres type, who costs the earth and cannot deliver.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Didn't I hear Warren Aspinal during the match saying he saw Baldock recently and his body language suggested he was pushing for the move to us. Mind you he also said that the scouting network he is part of have put forward 800 players for consideration!

Maybe I miss heard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here