Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The rise of gamesmanship ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the (many) reasons I can't be bothered to watch any post match analysis ... except maybe when we've won and I want to see what they have to say about us and watch some of the passing moves they don't always show during the initial highlights. They just play lip service and get rewarded for doing so!
MOTD is bad at that, I only ever watch Albion wins.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sure there's gamesmanship, not sure your playing slapping another in the face is the best example to use though. whatever Kane's reaction, that simply shouldn't have happened.

how about managers get punished for both gamemanship and excessive reaction, fouls, violence on the pitch?

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
The only way to stop the head injury trick is to make a substitution compulsory
Players with genuine head injuries shouldn't continue playing away
And the cheats knowing they have to go off (5 subs these days) will soon be on their feet
Any other injuries should be dealt with by the rugby model,where play continues while the trainer is on the pitch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A player claims a head injury. If post match analysis reveals zero impact on the head/neck or possible whiplash, an automatic three game ban.

Each season we see clear examples of this. Other parts of the body involved in innocuous challenges, or none at all. But the cheat lies on the floor, feigning a head injury, as medics fight to save them. Three minutes later the athlete is sprinting.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I remember the last game of the season against Dyches Burnley a few years ago when that paragon of virtue Jay Rodriguez was chasing a ball in our area with Stevens, he pretty much went off at right angles and fell over Stevens. Think Dyche was interviewed post match and had a massive whinge.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The only way to stop the head injury trick is to make a substitution compulsory
Players with genuine head injuries shouldn't continue playing away
And the cheats knowing they have to go off (5 subs these days) will soon be on their feet
Any other injuries should be dealt with by the rugby model,where play continues while the trainer is on the pitch
Yep, they should have taken Kane off for half an hour for concussion checks and only let him back on if he apologised for being a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here