Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ridiculous Tedious Striker Situation

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
We need another striker in the pipeline for when Welbeck retires or is crocked for half a season - Ferguson can’t do it all himself. It seems Undav is not that man, the other options are Sima, Connolly and Zeqiri but they don’t seem to be quite at the required level.

So I think a talented but not-quite-first-team-ready centre forward will be on the list for the summer. Lower priority than other areas though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We need another striker in the pipeline for when Welbeck retires or is crocked for half a season - Ferguson can’t do it all himself. It seems Undav is not that man, the other options are Sima, Connolly and Zeqiri but they don’t seem to be quite at the required level.

So I think a talented but not-quite-first-team-ready centre forward will be on the list for the summer. Lower priority than other areas though.
Adingra ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't count on Ali Mac or Caicedo being here at the start of next season so there may be wiggle room for tactical changes.
No chance Caicedo of leaving IMO, but agree about Ale Mac - he deserves his chance at a big club if he really wants that move.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Screenshot_20230320-101242.png

We now have potentially 5 players who will get to 10 goals this season, with one stuck on 7 for half a season.
That's not bad going

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's way more healthy to have the goals spread out.

If you have your goalscoring hopes invested in one person, you never know when that one person might develop an unfortunate betting habit or shove a ref.

As for next season, I don't see Sima, Zeqiri or Connolly being incorporated into the squad. I actually think we'll keep Undav as a decentish 3rd choice striker and will look to add another punt type player more if we are in Europe. Ferguson will increasingly gravitate to being our number one, with Welbeck there to help manage his minutes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Boniface of USG (y)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rather we targeted Mateo Retegui tbh. He has a higher ceiling and is ready to make the leap now.
Would be nice. Great player, a nearly complete forward with few weaknesses. But unfortunately I think he might skip a step and just go straight into a big CL club.

Some old De Zerbi client is maybe more likely, like Lassina Traore (Shakhtar), Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli probably won't sign him when the loan from Sassuolo ends) or Gianluca Scamacca (not done anything in West Ham and if they can get their £30m back they might accept it).

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Would be nice. Great player, a nearly complete forward with few weaknesses. But unfortunately I think he might skip a step and just go straight into a big CL club.

Some old De Zerbi client is maybe more likely, like Lassina Traore (Shakhtar), Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli probably won't sign him when the loan from Sassuolo ends) or Gianluca Scamacca (not done anything in West Ham and if they can get their £30m back they might accept it).
I believe the Raspadori loan is a mandatory buy at the end, not an option.

Most reports say it's a loan to buy and it was the same on Football Manager.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Retegui is now being linked to us by Corriere dello Sport. Apparently his agent is heading over next week for talks with us and Crystal Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here