Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Returned - Chl 4 Sunday (en français)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done Goldstone, how ever did you spot Victor was a wrong'un.

It was never going to end well, when woman told neighbour to drop dead, in front of sweet lil old Vic.

I'm loving the series, but I'm a little concerned there's still going to be a lot more questions before any answers, and I don't want to lose the thread.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well done Goldstone, how ever did you spot Victor was a wrong'un.

It was never going to end well, when woman told neighbour to drop dead, in front of sweet lil old Vic.

I'm loving the series, but I'm a little concerned there's still going to be a lot more questions before any answers, and I don't want to lose the thread.

I'm afraid it's the new Lost

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm afraid it's the new Lost
I'm not going to write it off yet.
Though it does remind me of that set up, luckily I can't see the giant orifice on the horizon it's going to disappear up.

The hostel bloke reminds me of a children's TV presenter of the 70's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone have a theory about what the water level situation has to do with anything?
This is pretty spooky, I have just finished watching, made myself a cuppa, and boom the thread appears.

It looked like a church was reappearing, which must be connected.
The vicar is going to have a meltdown.

It's beginning to look like everyone's a wrong'un and Victor's normal.
The carer bloke wasn't ever right, but the copper too?

Nobody has any secrets.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Does anyone have a theory about what the water level situation has to do with anything?

A shot in episode 2 of the two dam engineers showed briefly the school bus.It was in the distance over the sholder of one engineer,looking pretty immaculate for a tin box submerged for years. Perhaps the Dam draining is giving up lots of secrets

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

So far, all we have seen is a gleaming new town. I reckon that the old town submerged beneath the water is making a comeback, just like the dead people. The valley will flood - it's noticeable that the Helping Hands is on some kind of hill - maybe everyone will have to congregate up there - creepy Pierre seems to know what's happening, and that's his base.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I despair at myself; it must be advancing age. I thought I was pretty observant, but my g/f on Sunday night and you lot now have proven to me, once and for all, I should never be a detective. Evidence? You want evidence? OK:

1. I didn't notice that when Simon was about to have sex with his ex and the copper was watching, Simon's face became that of the copper. My g/f said "wow". I said "Yes, I know, she's trying to have sex with her knickers on - ridiculous". She said "No, not that - it's the copper's face". Me: "What? What? Where? Huh?". She: "It's gone now"....

2. I didn't see the bus in the falling reservoir.

3. Nor an emerging church.

4. I had spotted that Helping Hands was on a hill, but had attributed no significance to it. But tinycowboy has to be right, huh?

FFS, what is the matter with me?!

Anyway, for sure all the returnees are congregating at helping hand, Pierre knows what is happening and my theory is that revenge has a lot to do with it. Lena's back problem has something to do with her shagging Camille/Alice's crush when Camille was dying; Simon is taking back his fiancé (btw, what is going on with the daughter drawing a picture of Simon committing suicide?) and the presumed subway attacker is avenging his mother's death.

I will be SO pissed off if it ends like Lost Season 1. I want some answers - not necessarily all, but a decent wad.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's definately the best thing on telly, and halfway through we're all pretty much none the wiser

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Goldstone1976: none of us really know that much, but this little self-help group here is serving to collate our thoughts. Adele's policeman told her that Simon's death wasn't an accident. It therefore either had to be murder or suicide. The daughter must have heard the full conversation - it was therefore relayed to Adele as suicide. However, we can't tell whether this is false information or not. I'm guessing here, but I think that bad things happen when the electricity cuts out. We are therefore heading towards some kind of crisis when the power station floods - which it seems is about to happen. One of the dam operatives also mentioned that lower water levels had caused some kind of problem before - did this coincide with the coach crash and Victor's appearance four years ago? Who knows...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the guy Pierre? at the helping hand the guy who killed Victor? Or am I reading to much into the fact he said the same thing to him as his killer?
Also if Victor was killed 35 years ago was the damn even there then? Maybe the village which is appearing is where he used to live.
I just clicked onto this thread to see if Goldstone 1976 missed that too.

It wasn't actually Pierre that shot Victor and his family but it was his, as yet unknown, partner in crime.

I think the clues are there, and although it's not being 'given away' pieces do seem to be coming together.

(Not another lost, not another lost, not another lost)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and also I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of totty.

In fairness I've never really seen your average Frenchie as totty.
They seem to be a badly dressed version of us, that smell of garlic.

Nevertheless, they could have put a little more effort in.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I just clicked onto this thread to see if Goldstone 1976 missed that too. Oh, very funny :wink:

It wasn't actually Pierre that shot Victor and his family but it was his, as yet unknown, partner in crime. Yep, I did get that!

I think the clues are there, and although it's not being 'given away' pieces do seem to be coming together. What? I mean, what? No pieces coming together for me, I'm afraid.

(Not another lost, not another lost, not another lost) Please God, Let Stat Brother be right

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Adele's policeman told her that Simon's death wasn't an accident. Yep - heard that. It therefore either had to be murder or suicide. Yep, got that too.The daughter must have heard the full conversation Ah ha! - it was therefore relayed to Adele as suicide. Ah ha! However, we can't tell whether this is false information or not. I'm guessing here, but I think that bad things happen when the electricity cuts out. We are therefore heading towards some kind of crisis when the power station floods - which it seems is about to happen. One of the dam operatives also mentioned that lower water levels had caused some kind of problem before - did this coincide with the coach crash and Victor's appearance four years Four years ago? Uh oh - missed that. ago? Who knows...?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the clues are there, and although it's not being 'given away' pieces do seem to be coming together. What? I mean, what? No pieces coming together for me, I'm afraid.
Maybe a poor choice of words.
But clues do seem to be appearing (pun intended).
A couple of weeks ago it was just a series of odd events.

We've definitely got all the pieces in the jigsaw facing the right way.
We've probably got most of the edges in a separate pile.
We have 3 corner pieces and we think the 4th is in the edge pile.

Still a long way to go, but we have managed to get the cellophane off the box!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe a poor choice of words.
But clues do seem to be appearing (pun intended).
A couple of weeks ago it was just a series of odd events.

We've definitely got all the pieces in the jigsaw facing the right way.
We've probably got most of the edges in a separate pile.
We have 3 corner pieces and we think the 4th is in the edge pile.

Still a long way to go, but we have managed to get the cellophane off the box!!

Might be a few red herrings in there as well. The Dam for instance.............. Pun very much intended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the butterfly was just a nice easy example of what was coming.

You really are quite hung up with the old fella.
Which is probably a good thing, as it seems we're supposed to forget him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here