Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Republic of Czechoslovakia

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ah goody, another anti-David Pleat thread, haven't had one of them in...must be a week now.

Pleat - Class A pillock

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
the sight is in end(CL final 2006) was a classic.

I've heard Motty make the Czechoslovakia mistake, it's a bit depressing they haven't realised that country hasn't existed for nearly 15 years now!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think "Redknapp was unlucky there" following Lampard's strike against the bar in the Champions League final is the king of cock-ups, personally.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you ever go to Prague don't make the mistake of calling their country Czechoslovakia. Russian name innit. It's the Czech Republic or nothing at all.

Tho personally tonight I'll be calling them c unts, on account of their shitty defending in injury time costing me about forty quid on me correct score prediction :angry:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If you ever go to Prague don't make the mistake of calling their country Czechoslovakia. Russian name innit. It's the Czech Republic or nothing at all.

Tho personally tonight I'll be calling them c unts, on account of their shitty defending in injury time costing me about forty quid on me correct score prediction :angry:

Czechoslovakia isn't a Russian name, the state was created in 1918 by the Western powers(Russia was excluded back then), and is effectively just the union of the two states, in one name.

However Czechoslovakia was effectively under Soviet control from 1948 until 1989, so I see where you're coming from.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Czechoslovakia isn't a Russian name, the state was created in 1918 by the Western powers(Russia was excluded back then), and is effectively just the union of the two states, in one name.

However Czechoslovakia was effectively under Soviet control from 1948 until 1989, so I see where you're coming from.

*ahem* GEEEEK!!.... what?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Picky! :rolleyes:

:lol:

zoom

Mar 20, 2008
He also called Tevez - Trevez and Hargreaves Har-Graves in the champions league final!

Although my alltime favorite Pleatism was Pascal Chim-BOMB-BA

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why does the Czech Republic have all the class players and Slovakia get the raw end of the deal?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Well I just wanted to make sure a man such as yourself wasn't giving out incorrect information.

People may use that to tar you with, when you're defending Gordon Brown.

And anyway, it's about time I got to use what I've learnt about that damned region.:lolol:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Was'nt it Trevor Steven(sp) on Sky Sports afew years back unable to finish his own sentence. Something along the lines of "He's got a heart as big as............"

The lads was struggling big time with no attempt from presenter richard keys to bale him out.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Pleat - Class A pillock

He did say the best line ever in commentary history.

Champions League Final
Manchester United vs Chelsea

Drogba goes down in agony, clutching his face, his final is looking in doubt, the physio comes on, gives treatment to the ankle.

Pleat "you know the irony is, one day Drogba will actually be injured"

Drogba gets up, after treatment, a minute later hits the woodwork, he's alright (but still a cheat)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I just wanted to make sure a man such as yourself wasn't giving out incorrect information.

People may use that to tar you with, when you're defending Gordon Brown.

And anyway, it's about time I got to use what I've learnt about that damned region.:lolol:

Fair enough, but it was a Czech girl in Prague that told me not to use the 'Russian name' :shrug:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He didn't once get FDM mixed up with Packham, did he?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Stadium announcer in Croke Park announced a 'Substitution for West Germany' last year - is there some timewarp these lads work in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here