Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF team - selection etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Noty quite fair. I have handed them out every year I have played and know quite a few others do similar.

The original quote from GG wasn't fair, many turned out for the home game prior to the previous REMF not just the 'usual suspects'. To make a sweeping accusation from afar that only the usual suspects put the effort in is unfair imo and I'm sure the squad this year will prove that again.

EDIT: People should remember this is a charity, it's not about 'face time' it's about everyone putting in the effort to play/train/help out with flyers/turn up on the night etc and it's not the place of any one person to judge each contributor.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The original quote from GG wasn't fair, many turned out for the home game prior to the previous REMF not just the 'usual suspects'. To make a sweeping accusation from afar that only the usual suspects put the effort in is unfair imo and I'm sure the squad this year will prove that again.

EDIT: People should remember this is a charity, it's not about 'face time' it's about everyone putting in the effort to play/train/help out with flyers/turn up on the night etc and it's not the place of any one person to judge each contributor.

Richie in the last 4 years 4-6 of thre squad have turned out at Withdean TOPS and I am not speaking from afar as I have been there all 4 years !. Anyway the squad is announced, the game is 4 weeks away, lots of good things are coming together lets just move on and make this year the best one yet.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry I meant DC.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Richie in the last 4 years 4-6 of thre squad have turned out at Withdean TOPS and I am not speaking from afar as I have been there all 4 years !. Anyway the squad is announced, the game is 4 weeks away, lots of good things are coming together lets just move on and make this year the best one yet.

With all respect (of which I have a lot especially in terms of remf) that doesn't mean that people have not given them out of the squad only 6 or so are season ticket holders so most take leaflets to give out elsewhere, as said earlier I work matchdays but give them out in hospitality etc

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right can we get some order on here. Andy is in charge of the team assisted by Brett. They choose the team and work bloody hard on this event. Thats it. There is no call for any abuse. Lets not forget EVERYONE spends a lot of time on the REMF for nothing because we love the charity and are very proud of it. We do not want to alienate people as they may just walk away. We discussed the best way of fundraising, I had my say, the players did. Lets leave it at that. There is a main page and if people want to do individual ones great.

Lets stop any potential binfest NOW. The discussion is over. If we feel strongly about any matter can I suggest we arrange an REMF meeting next week somewhere local like we used to do and we can air any differences and move forward with the objective of raising as much money as we can and having a great time in the process and continuing to honour Robert and the Eaton family.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Tim,

There isnt a group of ten mates all playing for the REMF, it was just a figure of speach. Apart from Albion games, most of the squad dont see each other until the next REMF game.

Yes there are a few mates in the team who see each other away from the Albion/REMF but it is in NO-WAY picked because they have a beer with the manager.

I'm really struggling with something here. If the squad is picked on merit, how is Snoobs not in the squad? Don't want to make a massive issue out of it, but it is absoloutely baffling. I believe I'm right in thinking he was class last year (coming on at 4-1 down and changing the game), and was quality again on saturday. Maybe I'm missing something- could someone explain for me?

I don't doubt that. But they only became available this morning and as they needed to be both collected from and returned back to Mid Sussex today (they have another game on Saturday) it cut down on the target market somewhat.

OK fair play. Sorry don't mean to sound overly negative, all money raised is a very good effort. I'd have bid for them as i go to the emirates a fair bit but couldn't pick up/ return as required. One of the problems with modern season tickets unfortunately.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right. Can we stop petty squabbling on this thread. If there are issues we need to resolve them in a face to face meeting next week as suggested.

Right. Can we stop petty squabbling on this thread. If there are issues we need to resolve them in a face to face meeting next week as suggested.

What petty squabbles? But you are right in that perhaps there should be a seperate thread to continue discussions on this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was talking about the team selection lokki not you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For people to assume the whole team are somehow Rumble's best mates is ridiculous.

Rumble hasn't got 16 mates...
People are going to assume all sorts of things until Andy Rumble does the decent thing and comes on here to explain how the squad was selected. Afterall, what would you assume given that the best player (by a mile) has been ignored and so too has the biggest fund raiser who has raised a quarter of all sponsorship to date on his own?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To date. When the team hadn't been announced.

And I would not suggest Rumble has anything to explain or ANYONE to justify it to.

It might also be worth pointing out that a couple of the players mentioned were filling in last year for people injured or unfortunately on holiday.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I was talking about the team selection lokki not you.

I'm not trying to have a "petty squabble". I'm merely trying to comprehend how Snoobs could possibly be left out, given that many on this thread have argued that sponsorship money raised does not make you more likely to play than anyone else, and that ability is one of the key criteria (as shown by HKFC).

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think perhaps people percieve us all to be a bunch of mates who go on the piss together every week.

Outside the REMF, I would be surprised if more than four or five of the team EVER hung out - particularly as plenty of the team don't live in Brighton anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the 3rd time, it there are grievances can we arrange a team meeting next week. The 2 players mentioned however have accepted the decision with good grace. Andy should not be hung to dry on a public forum like Poyet V Forster imo. Can you imagine what it will be like next year IF we play at Falmer ?.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For the 3rd time, it there are grievances can we arrange a team meeting next week. The 2 players mentioned however have accepted the decision with good grace. Andy should not be hung to dry on a public forum like Poyet V Forster imo. Can you imagine what it will be like next year IF we play at Falmer ?.

Amen to that.

Although team meeting clearly not necessary. The players have all accepted whether or not they are playing with good spirit.

Lets move on eh?

Peace out posters.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Weve been unstickied now. Can we give it as rest. An argument about team selection is not in the spirit of the REMF so I can see why Bozza is fed up. Hopefully if we get back on track and move forward with the hundreds of things to do it will be stickied again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here