Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Remarkable Rise Of Brighton: From Near Oblivion To Europe

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
The clip of Liam Brady was in Hove Park ,there was about 150 fans .That day Dick Knight said he will bring the club back and gave us hope for the future.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Remember when we played La Harve in a pre season friendly thinking that would be as close to a European adventure as we would get now in the Europa league against some of the biggest names in European football. It’s an astonishing rags to riches story and the best part is I don’t think it has peaked yet.
I moved to Barcelona back in 2005 and wore a Brighton SKINT shirt as I was going to be met by my new boss at the airport. Going through security at Gatwick some funny old fart said "That's the only way you're getting into Europe"
I am so incredibly proud of this club, where I'm from and what's in store for us!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow night. The meeting is all set. Three STH friends I’ve met at different stages along life’s journey. My old primary school friend who lived across the road. My mate who I met for the first time on my wedding day when he was there as a plus one (he lucked out to find himself among a flock of seagulls). My pal who used to work with me at Heathrow and was the only other Brighton supporter in the office, back when we were at the arse end of the league. And my daughter. Born 1999. First match in 2009. All she’s seen is this ridiculous rise.

All meeting at the Harvey’s stand to raise a pint on a historic evening.

Sob!

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Hello J :wave:
I was watching the video and recognised you and someone else I know that’s standing slightly behind you.know who you mean used to travel everywhere with him back in mid 90s, watched the north east floodlights being pulled down with him

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The bloke I was with used to travel everywhere with him back in mid 90s, watched the north east floodlights being pulled down with him and sat with him 1st game at Amex v Doncaster
The other one I’m thinking of also has a grey top on, he’s standing between 2 blokes wearing white tops. I can’t say I remember seeing you and him together at games. You probably know him through from back then especially when away crowds were small.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Even as a non-Brighton fan, that was quite an emotional watch. Captures beautifully what football means to those who follow it, and of course your truly remarkable story from the very brink to, well, the complete antithesis of the pain and anxiety you must have felt so palpably in the nineties. I suspect there may be a lot more history to be written yet.

Well done, you lot. Well done. Enjoy. x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here