Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The referee needs to be investigated and we should not drop it

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Plus you don't stop the game in the middle of an attack. Although, to be fair, I do seem to remember a game last season (don't remember which, and I might be imagining it) where I thought we were supposed to have a corner from the last attack but the ref blew for full time anyway.

Re the first bit. Why don’t you? It should have stopped after the throw in. Where is the rule about adding more time to see an attack play out?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Re the first bit. Why don’t you? It should have stopped after the throw in. Where is the rule about adding more time to see an attack play out?

Because then you have the Clive Thomas scenario (ask your dad) which causes just as much outrage.

Football eh? Unfair since it was invented!. :cry:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The one thing a referee can ever be ‘marked down’ on or judged on is time added on or timings on a game. Learnt this when I did my ref course

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but why wasn’t the challenge by Fernandes on Lamptey a second yellow for Fernandes?

He had already been booked for a rash challenge, this is the gripe I have.......if there was a referee error that changed the result, my view is that it was failure to send off Fernandez?

When Maguire was judged to have bought down Connelly, the ref immediately awarded penalty and a yellow card to Maguire?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well. We’re now famous for two things. “and Smith must score” and getting a penalty given against us AFTER the final whistle was blown.

I’m looking forward to “the Brighton precedent” being spoken about in the years ahead. It’s fvcking ludicrous that our club is only associated with soppy blunders by referees or drunken Scottish strikers and it’s ALWAYS Man U bleeding nited as the protagonists in these farcical outcomes.

There’s a pattern emerging.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but why wasn’t the challenge by Fernandes on Lamptey a second yellow for Fernandes?

He had already been booked for a rash challenge, this is the gripe I have.......if there was a referee error that changed the result, my view is that it was failure to send off Fernandez?

When Maguire was judged to have bought down Connelly, the ref immediately awarded penalty and a yellow card to Maguire?

My mate rang me at half time and said this. On another day we could have really embarrassed Man U if our team had had close decisions go our way - or if our finishing was an inch more accurate!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There is always the problem of corners at end of injury time.

Some may remember 1978 World Cup when Clive Thomas denied Brazil a goal scored directly from a header following a late corner, as he blew the whistle while ball was in the air. That caused a rumpus, and ever since there has been an unwritten rule that the outcome of the corner must be known before final whistle blown. Arguably, the corner shouldn't have been given but it is difficult for ref fairly to add time when goal is scored in injury time because of celebration time. Been a lot easier if Sian had ruled that Van der Beek had failed to keep the ball in....

Think we need to get over this. We ain't going to appeal; there is nothing to appeal about. There absolutely has to be the rule that a result stands whatever, else we have anarchy. It's tough, but think of the goal that wasn't farce at Villa Park. There was talk about that going legal but fortunately dropped. Football is shit sometimes; curiously that's why we love it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No point whining about it. Shows a real lack of class.

We dust ourselves down and go again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No point whining about it. Shows a real lack of class.

We dust ourselves down and go again.

If no one mentions it, the bias for the big 6 teams will just continue / probably get worse. I don’t think pointing out notable incorrect decisions going against one team but not the other is a lack of class.

It wasn’t one decision yesterday, it was 2 or 3 big decisions then a whole host of smaller ones too. I didn’t see one decision for us where I thought, oh we got at least one wrong one going for us.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If no one mentions it, the bias for the big 6 teams will just continue / probably get worse. I don’t think pointing out notable incorrect decisions going against one team but not the other is a lack of class.

It wasn’t one decision yesterday, it was 2 or 3 big decisions then a whole host of smaller ones too. I didn’t see one decision for us where I thought, oh we got at least one wrong one going for us.

Not sure about that. We've had our fair shair of fortune in the past. Besides, what goes around, comes around - Things will even out by seasons end!

One things certain to me, we're gonna be absolutely fine this season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure about that. We've had our fair shair of fortune in the past. Besides, what goes around, comes around - Things will even out by seasons end!

No way it ever evens out against the big sides.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

If we can maintain that level of performance and improve our shooting, top half beckons.

I am so pleased with how we are playing. Brilliant to watch.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I know one thing , IMO i'm absolutely positive that if that incident happened down the other end of the pitch at the exact time , the game would have finished 2-2 , I think this match proves everything millions of football supporters have always known , the game is crooked and biased toward the so called bigger teams , if anyone ever wanted any proof , just listen to the final whistle , a penalty is signalled by one clear long blast of the whistle, not the 3 short blasts I'm sure I heard , which signify the end of the game .

If we find ourselves in trouble with a appeal then so be it , you cant signal the end of the game then change your mind because your favourite team gets a handball after you've blown up for full time .

Ridiculous and against the laws of the game , lawyers would be queuing up to take this one on if Brighton did actually appeal the final result , which they should be allowed to do in extenuating circumstances such as this .

This isn't sour grapes it's just wrong and goes against everything good about football , I thought I'd seen it all until this happened and it stinks the place out rotten .

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Someone on the Jahanbakhsh thread on persianfootball posted this:

Untitled.png

http://www.persianfootball.com/foru...bion-2020-21&p=2701976&viewfull=1#post2701976

Game should have ended there. The corner should have not even been taken to begin with. Surprised this wasn't mentioned on MOTD.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Things will even out by seasons end!

This is a phrase that really pisses me off. There were definitely 3 subjective decisions that went against us. Two pens for Connolly, yellow card for White. Add in that Fernadez could have received a second yellow, possible foul on Dunk for their opener. Which subjective decisions went for us?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This is a phrase that really pisses me off. There were definitely 3 subjective decisions that went against us. Two pens for Connolly, yellow card for White. Add in that Fernadez could have received a second yellow, possible foul on Dunk for their opener. Which subjective decisions went for us?

People need to get over it. I'm pretty sure the team will.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
5 mins extra time.

March scores at 94.27 (33 secs left)
Play restarts at 95.46
Corner given at 96.10 *
Penalty offence at 96.31
Probably not a lot wrong but refs rarely allow added time for a corner *
Poor defending
Ref definitely blows the whistle 3 times to indicate end of match

As it's a minimum of 5 minutes (so he could feasibly play to 95.59 to start with) the following means:
March's goal celebrations took over 1 minute, however lets say the ref just added a minute. He can now play to 96.59 if he wants.
Penalty offence at 96.31 is well within the 96.59 limit (and that's only adding 1 minute for the celebrations which took longer).

Nothing to moan about really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here