Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Railway Bell

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Pretty much underneath the London Road Viaduct.

Ok thanks, I know where you mean there is or used to be a scrap metal yard nearby.

It's a brilliant idea to have a BHA pub and I wish the owner well, but will fans go to this pub as it's not near the station or a bus route to the Amex?

Jan 30, 2008
Ok thanks, I know where you mean there is or used to be a scrap metal yard nearby.

It's a brilliant idea to have a BHA pub and I wish. the owner well, but will fans go to this pub as it's not near the station or a bus route to the Amex?
You can walk up springfield road to London road station ,my bruv used to live 4 doors away from the pub:wink:
regards
DR

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It's a brilliant idea to have a BHA pub and I wish the owner well, but will fans go to this pub as it's not near the station or a bus route to the Amex?

You might be thinking of the Cobblers Thumb ???

2493544.jpg

This the Argyle/Engineer:
8121394742_10fe645738_z.jpg

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Is it not gonna be a racing pub any more then ???

Not sure it has been for a while? Changed hands a few times in the last couple of years. He's got a job on his hands to build up a regular customer base there. Don't think they really get anyone in their pre/post home matches at the moment.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not sure it has been for a while? Changed hands a few times in the last couple of years. He's got a job on his hands to build up a regular customer base there. Don't think they really get anyone in their pre/post home matches at the moment.

Ah ok.
A mate of mine keeps going on about getting off at London Road and having a drink round there after the game so might check it out.
Not going to that pretentious Open House boozer what ever we do!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You might be thinking of the Cobblers Thumb ???

2493544.jpg

This the Argyle/Engineer:
8121394742_10fe645738_z.jpg

No I wasn't thinking of the Cobblers Thumb as I know it got demolished, but it was next to a scrap metal yard.
There is/was another scrap metal yard under the viaduct just before a builders merchants, I haven't been down that way for a few years.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No I wasn't thinking of the Cobblers Thumb as I know it got demolished, but it was next to a scrap metal yard.
There is/was another scrap metal yard under the viaduct just before a builders merchants, I haven't been down that way for a few years.

Oh yeah, know where you mean - I'm guessing the scrapyard was quite small as never noticed it.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Ah ok.
A mate of mine keeps going on about getting off at London Road and having a drink round there after the game so might check it out.
Not going to that pretentious Open House boozer what ever we do!

Yeah, swerve the Open House. It's not too bad in the Engineer, strange lay out for a smaller pub and can be a bit grim, but at least it hasn't been poncified like a lot of boozers these days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh yeah, know where you mean - I'm guessing the scrapyard was quite small as never noticed it.

That was the general idea for myself, I used to take scrap metal there in a company van as the scrap dealer was hidden away, the other scrap yard next to the Cobblers was in full view of anyone driving by.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That was the general idea for myself, I used to take scrap metal there in a company van as the scrap dealer was hidden away, the other scrap yard next to the Cobblers was in full view of anyone driving by.

The odd heating cylinder and a few busbars eh? :whistle:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Exactly! Ever go there years ago when it was The Springfield?

Yes I did but can't remember it that well, went in the Open House a few years back and they were selling that blonde lager ( long name beginning with H ) in fancy glasses, it wasn't cheap either.
It must have been The Open House for more than 10 years now??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here