Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The quote & multi-quote functions on new NSC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought I'd get used to it but it still annoys the shit out of me.

Sometimes you quote people twice and you either spend time messing around with it or just accept it. Sometimes the quote "jumps" out of the quote box and there's no way around it but to do the quoting process over... which isn't all that straight forward. Sometimes multi-quotes follow around from different threads and sometimes not every quote added to the multi-quote is actually in the list...

Probably more issues with it but all I can think of for now.

Is there some fix for all of this stuff? Some different quote-plugin or something?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Sometimes you quote people twice and you either spend time messing around with it or just accept it. Sometimes the quote "jumps" out of the quote box and there's no way around it but to do the quoting process over... which isn't all that straight forward. Sometimes multi-quotes follow around from different threads and sometimes not every quote added to the multi-quote is actually in the list...

Is there some fix for all of this stuff? Some different quote-plugin or something?
Not sure
The voice of hindsight.
Bring back Graham Potter.

Depends on the results... if/when things go well people will only remember the results from the first two GP years, if/when things go bad people will only remember the results from last season. But yeah will definitely be a lot of comparisons in general... which isn't weird.
what
His long passing is excellent. All those absurdly good passes to Cucurella and Burn. Sure, not success every time but more often than not.
to be honest :shrug:
Oh the irony...
you're complaining about
Yes and nothing has changed about that. Oh yeah, except this summer everyone and their grandma came riding in on their white horses to tell me they had tattoeed his name on their arses and that he should get a statue somewhere. That changed, it seems.

Bloke needs attention. His job depends on it. And despite what I've been told, his EXCLUSIVE transfer news are not really EXCLUSIVE enough for him to keep him in his job, so he needs to be some kind of opinion machine as well.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Conversely, I've found it works better (for me) than the old one did. Once I got used to how it works.

You using mobile or desktop mostly? I'm on NSC via desktop mostly and having figured out the quirks I've not had any issues with it.

Edit: that's not to say I think it's a good system. I've used better quote systems on other forums, that are far more intuitive to use and less open for user error.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Conversely, I've found it works better (for me) than the old one did. Once I got used to how it works.

You using mobile or desktop mostly? I'm on NSC via desktop mostly and having figured out the quirks I've not had any issues with it.

Edit: that's not to say I think it's a good system. I've used better quote systems on other forums, that are far more intuitive to use and less open for user error.
Desktop only.

I'm sure it is great if you're not an idiot but that doesn't help me does it

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Desktop only.

I'm sure it is great if you're not an idiot but that doesn't help me does it
It's not great. I can see why others are struggling with it. I have an advantage over most - I've been using forums for around 25 years now in both a personal and professional capacity, so I've had a lot of exposure to a variety of different ways of doing the same thing and become quite comfortable at adapting.

Personally, I wouldn't have picked XenForo. But the one I would pick would require strong tech knowledge to get up and running, and then regular hands-on into the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here