The QPR thread

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
diving QPR
we get fouled ,get yellow card
two joke lineos
robets , yeates and cullip off form (wasn't cullips greatest goal ever)

but we outsang them

not a bad day all round

If only ...

Their first goal came from a defensive error which was just plain stupid.

Both Cullip and Knight would have scored in the second half if they'd have allowed themselves half a second of thinking time.

But at least the team played like they understood that the way to win games is to ATTACK.

Everyone I spoke to after the game was in better spirits about this performance than most other games we've seen this season.

The fact is we do have the players who can do the job, we may slate Oatway but he is average to above for this league.

If the players forget about the play off's, relax and get some good team work going and start playing attractive football, I could see some good games ahead.

But as I have said elsewhere, a number of the "promotion " players just are not performing to there high standards:angry:

E17hoop

Dec 3, 2003
We didn't play well - neither did your strikers. The test of a team looking for promotion is to win when not playing well.

Diving? Shittu was checked in the torso as he ran into the area, Gallen was hit with a knee as he was getting to his feet.

And to all the people wanting to go to the playoffs...it's a hateful experience if you lose.:nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Play-offs is the best option for us at present and we might be lucky if we get in them.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Reporter on Radio 5 described the game as turgid....it wasn't top class football but this is Division 2...however he failed to mention a tight scrap played in a great atmosphere generated by a crowd of over 18,000 (for a div 2 match).

You've got your gripes about decisions today and we've got ours...pointless debating them cos you won't change my view and I'm sure I won't change yours. Ref was too fussy for me and the linesmen were poor but that's what we get in this division.

Some of the ratings given to Cullip in a thread on this board are imho a bit harsh and some of those given to Benjamin somewhat generous and that's being polite.

The longer the game went on, the more I was convinced an equaliser was coming but from what I could see, Day made a great save from Knight just before the end. To be honest, had you got an equaliser, I wouldn't have too many complaints cos based on your second half performance (and ours!), it just might have been deserved.

I think 15 points is one hell of a gap to make up....possibly too much at this stage for you so the play-offs should be your first target. However, if you make the playoffs, I hope you win the damn thing. I don't think I'll ever forget how great it was when we won the semi-final against Oldham but in addition to that, how awful it was losing in the final...it's an all or nothing day and if you get nothing, it's a long way back to Sussex.

One final thing before I finish....Simon....I think you've had what is known as a 'Yorkie' moment in your match report.....it's not for girls!!!

"We also saw another 'new' strip today, as we combined the yellow shirts with black shorts, and for me, it worked!"

Hmmmm.........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be honest I didn't expect us to win this one. QPR and Plymouth had turned the championship in to a 2 horse race some time ago.

The best we can hope for realistically is a play off final and a positive Falmer decision.

We now have two more tough games in a row and we have to pick up something from them. With them out of the way at least we will have an easier run in.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
SussexHoop said:

The longer the game went on, the more I was convinced an equaliser was coming but from what I could see, Day made a great save from Knight just before the end. To be honest, had you got an equaliser, I wouldn't have too many complaints cos based on your second half performance (and ours!), it just might have been deserved.

Fair comment SussexHoop :clap:

Lofter

Jan 15, 2004
Hmmm, as this seems to be the rational thread.........I think QPR deserved the win, tight as it was, simply because on the day ourplayers found goal opportunities and converted them.

Re coming straight back down, just because Brighton did doesn't mean that others will. Have you forgotten Stoke and Reading, not to mention last season's three, none of whom will come down. Both QPR and Plymouth will do fine in Div 1 - there are some pretty poor sides there, you know.

I think the the third promo spot will be between Bristol C and Brighton, and I honestly don't think any of the other contenders - Port Vale, Barnsley, Swindon - have what it takes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here