Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Pub Debate - local take aways

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Our two closest chippies both take cards. Only time I seem to use cash now is a haircut (what little is left of it anyway), entry fees for fishing matches and our regular cards night plus tips for any takeaway delivery drivers (a few of our local places allow you to add a tip to the bill when ordering and paying by card but the places take a cut of that according to the drivers). Haven’t used an ATM in the UK for months.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My local Chinese only accepts cash but they will take a cheque.....if only I knew where my cheque book was.

Appreciate I am probably in the minority now but I always carry cash for reasons such as getting a takeaway.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My local chippy only takes cards, and has a website with online ordering (for collection - I think they're also on Deliveroo etc.).

I pay my barber by bank transfer.

Cash is for old people and tax evaders.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
My local chippy only takes cards, and has a website with online ordering (for collection - I think they're also on Deliveroo etc.).

I pay my barber by bank transfer.

Cash is for old people and tax evaders.
Agree about tax evaders, not so sure about "old" people. I was in Tesco's' Burgess Hill, yesterday at the baskets only checkout, 5th in the queue, 3 checkouts not being used. Shop assistant came over and asked if anyone was paying by card as the free checkouts were card only. I was paying by card, but the four people in front of me, all younger than me, were all waiting for a cash checkout! I think there are more people still using cash than you think, mainly so they can budget better.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Agree about tax evaders, not so sure about "old" people. I was in Tesco's' Burgess Hill, yesterday at the baskets only checkout, 5th in the queue, 3 checkouts not being used. Shop assistant came over and asked if anyone was paying by card as the free checkouts were card only. I was paying by card, but the four people in front of me, all younger than me, were all waiting for a cash checkout! I think there are more people still using cash than you think, mainly so they can budget better.
Is the cash checkout also the Fags & Vapes checkout?

Also, as an aside, the Burgess Hill Tesco is perhaps the worst laid-out supermarket I've ever been in. I don't know what it is, but it's just different to every other supermarket I've ever been in, and awful to navigate. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here