Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The promotion run-in. We're not involved!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With each round of matches, the dynamic of the league changes and the pressure becomes more extreme, Peterborough has the goals, Huddersfield has the consistency, and Southampton has the momentum. The most important thing however is which one of these teams has the nerve.
That's debateable when you are sitting on the summit pissing on the oppo!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's debateable when you are sitting on the summit pissing on the oppo!
Quite. It's actually been the same for six months. We just keep on SPANKING teams with aplomb, while any one of 4 or 5 teams have played musical chairs for that all inferior second place, with their fans wetting themselves with excitement when they hold onto it for more than a week.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Perhaps they're thinking that if they ignore us we'll disappear!
They surely haven't given up on catching us, Nigel wouldn't like that!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Same on the Football League show last weekend. Showed all the goals and then went to talk about everyone except us. Guess we just have to take it as a compliment, that we are not in the same league.

Terrible piece by a SCC fan who can't even spell Nigel Wadkins name!

...and we thought our resident Argus blogger was bad!

The automatic promotion race heats up in League One | Sport Features | Sport.co.uk

I guess it's acknowledgment that it's all over for the top spot but a LITTLE recognition would be nice, no?

well we do get a mention at least

The final run in for all clubs is fairly even. The biggest game will be the ‘six-pointer’ between Huddersfield and Peterborough that Southampton fans will be praying ends up in a stalemate. Peterborough will be hoping for Brighton to do them a massive favour when Southampton and Huddersfield make a visit to the Withdean Stadium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apparently 21 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats is EXCELLENT for a club like Southampton who were meant to destroy this league...

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Don't care at the moment. When we have done it, then I'll be giving it the big one. Until then quite happy to keep below the radar - keeps any pressure we may feel, off.

Note: be prepared to be ignored again, when we have secured the top spot. It will revert to the challenge for second place. We should be concentrating on blooding some of our youngsters

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There's no point blogging about who will the league, as we all know that will be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I find one of the finer pleasures in life is to be sat in a bar in a beach resort with promotion in the bag, watching the sheer ANGST of the play-offs. In the words of the blessed Bono 'Thank God its them instead of you' :smokin:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Apparently 21 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats is EXCELLENT for a club like Southampton who were meant to destroy this league...

It actually sounds impressive until you compare it with our form in 2011. 15 wins from 19 games in all competitions. That's MUSTARD.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I like this line when talking about Huddersfield "There are growing concerns that the club may not be able to keep up with Peterborough and Southampton".

Didn't their manager say something similar about us. God I will laugh my cock off if that lot end up in the play offs & then miss out on promotion. Please let it happen.

f***ing DELUDED CLOWNS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here