Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Premier League Supercomputer

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You may or may not have heard about this "supercomputer" which is used by newspapers and the like to run their various "Man Utd predicted to finish NINTH" type stories. Well it's just run itself again and the results are...interesting...

FdpwB_dXEAAWxXv.png

Once you get over that we're in the title race until the very last game, and are nailed on for a Champions League spot, there are many other highly amusing outcomes it's modelled;

- Bournemouth's goal difference
- West Ham scoring only 2 more goals all season
- Brentford finishing miles ahead of Man Utd on goal difference
- Eight teams going unbeaten at home all season
- Liverpool not winning a single away game all season
- Man City having a 100% home record and not winning the league

Obviously it's all complete nonsense. It's the fact that it's SO COMPLETE NONSENSE which IMHO makes it too good not to share.

(Source - https://twitter.com/tickerscricket/status/1574694321785290752)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really looking forward to the rest of the season now I know we won't be dropping another point at the Amex. Bring 'em all on!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm sure this is just an Excel sheet that simply runs forward based on the past few games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You may or may not have heard about this "supercomputer" which is used by newspapers and the like to run their various "Man Utd predicted to finish NINTH" type stories.

Different sites have their own dodgy spreadshe... er, 'supercomputers' - there's not just one shared resource.

Funnily enough, they're usually powered up during international weeks.... when sports editors get desperate for traffic.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That's comedy gold.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think my 1-3 to the Albion on Saturday if it happens will be the first step to this prediction happening :smile:

About as likely too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here