Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Oh, hello XABI ALONSO.

Bring your cultured metronomic precision control of the game at ALL LEVELS arse over here x

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] up next

Sorry I had to have a good look through the thread because I cannot believe he hasn't been picked yet, plus I was up for the Superbowl. I expected strikers to go fast and for myself to focus elsewhere but with this man still available I'd be insane not to.

With 150 premier league apps, 95 goals, a league title, an FA cup, a league cup and a community shield, with a whole host of individual awards and few titles worldwide too, the dutch fox in the box.

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Right, so since I mentioned about having an ideal squad lined up I've lost SEVEN of them.

*******s, the lot of you. :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Okay, let's wind the clock back. This isn't a flare player, but I am confident he's the most solid full back the Premier League has ever seen.
Honours:
7 (seven) Premier League titles,
3 FA Cups
1 League Cup
4 Charity Shields
1 Champions League
1 European Cup Winners Cup
1 Intercontinental Cup
1 European Super Cup
368 appearances 22 goals
A player regarded as his greatest signing, by the best manager the game has seen...I present to you

Denis Irwin.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looks like [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION] is up next.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Right, so since I mentioned about having an ideal squad lined up I've lost SEVEN of them.

*******s, the lot of you. :wink:

There's no real point having even a rough squad in mind as most will inevitably be taken by other people.

I'm going with the vague-list-of-players-in-each-position method

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There's no real point having even a rough squad in mind as most will inevitably be taken by other people.

I'm going with the vague-list-of-players-in-each-position method

Controversial, but I'm sticking with the 'have a squad lined up and change it if needs be' method - at least that way I can be sure that I have all positions and all categories covered, avoiding the risk of last-minute drama finding out that I've missed a category or position.

It can be frustrating as detailed above, but it did lead me to victory last time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Controversial, but I'm sticking with the 'have a squad lined up and change it if needs be' method - at least that way I can be sure that I have all positions and all categories covered, avoiding the risk of last-minute drama finding out that I've missed a category or position.

It can be frustrating as detailed above, but it did lead me to victory last time.
I just set my sights on one player at a time. And cry inwardly when they go before my turn!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I just set my sights on one player at a time. And cry inwardly when they go before my turn!

Amen to that. I was 3rd in line to pick and planned to take Gerrard, failing that Van Nistelrooy, but no. Fark you PL Draft, all you do is dash my dreams, it's made me retreat and go defensive, all these world class players and I've picked a keeper and a left back. Aaarghhh.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Okay, let's wind the clock back. This isn't a flare player, but I am confident he's the most solid full back the Premier League has ever seen.
Honours:
3 FA Cups
1 League Cup
4 Charity Shields
1 Champions League
1 Intercontinental Cup
1 European Super Cup
368 appearances 22 goals
A player regarded as his greatest signing, by the best manager the game has seen...I present to you

Denis Irwin.

That is a very very good pick.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Honours:
3 FA Cups
1 League Cup
4 Charity Shields
1 Champions League
1 Intercontinental Cup
1 European Super Cup
368 appearances 22 goals

Denis Irwin.
No. No. Please make another pick!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Amen to that. I was 3rd in line to pick and planned to take Gerrard, failing that Van Nistelrooy, but no. Fark you PL Draft, all you do is dash my dreams, it's made me retreat and go defensive, all these world class players and I've picked a keeper and a left back. Aaarghhh.

I wanted Claude :( Ruud was second choice if he wasn't snapped up. Gonna be gutted when my next pick is taken from me though.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There are two players I desperately want in my team, but I'm struggling to decide which to take with my next pick knowing that the other will certainly be gone by the time I pick again

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Honours:
3 FA Cups
1 League Cup
4 Charity Shields
1 Champions League
1 Intercontinental Cup
1 European Super Cup
368 appearances 22 goals

Denis Irwin.

:censored:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There are two players I desperately want in my team, but I'm struggling to decide which to take with my next pick knowing that the other will certainly be gone by the time I pick again

Only 2? - I have a dozen or more and i know i will be very lucky if i managed to draft just 2 of them

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Time for a solid goalie. So.... Former England and Arsenal keeper DAVID SEAMAN.

My team hopefully will be built on foundations of stone.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
He might have only played 80 Premier League games, but he must have one of the highest win rations ever!

Premier League (3): 1998–99, 1999–00, 2000–01
FA Cup (1): 1998–99
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

UEFA Club Best Defender of the Year (2): 1998–99, 1999–00
PFA Team of the Year (3): 1998–99, 1999-00, 2000–01
ESM Team of the Year (1): 1998–99
Overseas Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards

Big Jaap Stam.

5986998-jaap1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here