Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Thanks [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]!

Subs are: Hernan Crespo, Peter Crouch, Dave Watson, Geremi, Kevin Pressman (GK)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Has Won A Premier League Title -
EDIN DZEKO (2011–12, 2013–14)

Has Won The FA Cup -
ASHLEY COLE (Arsenal (3): 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05 & Chelsea (4): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12)

Has Played At Least 200 Premier League Games -
JOHN O'SHEA (Manchester United 256, Sunderland 118 and counting)

Has Played A Competitive Game Against Brighton -
STEVE BOULD (for Stoke City)

Has Scored A Premier League Hat-Trick -
EDEN HAZARD (vs Newcastle United, 8 February 2014)

Has Been Relegated From The Premier League -
LEE BOWYER (with West Ham and Birmingham City)

Has Played A Premier League Fixture For At Least Three Different Clubs -
JOLEON LESCOTT (2006–09 Everton 113 games 14 goals / 2009–14 Manchester City 107 games 7 games / 2014– West Bromwich Albion 21 games 1 goal)

Has Been Bought By A Premier League Club For At Least £10 Million -
FERNANDINHO (fee of £34 million from Shakhtar Donetsk on 6 June 2013)

Made His Premier League Debut Before His 20th Birthday -
RYAN GIGGS (18 - 1st team debut vs Everton at Old Trafford on 2 March 1991 aged 17, Premier League Debut during it's inaugural season, aged 18)

Has At Least 70 Full International Caps -
ARJEN ROBBEN (2003– Netherlands 86 games, 28 goals)

Is Playing In The Premier League As Of 18/1/15 -
HUGO LLORIS (currently with Tottenham Hotspur)

Has Reached A World Cup Final -
JENS LEHMANN (Runner-Up: 2002)

Has Been Promoted To The Premier League -
DWIGHT YORKE (2006/07 with Sunderland)

Has Won Another Top League -
OSCAR (Campeonato Gaúcho (2): 2011, 2012)

Has Scored In A Manchester, Merseyside Or North London Derby -
BACARY SAGNA (26 February 2012 vs Tottenham in 5-2 win)

Has Been Sent Off At Least Twice In The Premier League -
IAN WRIGHT (2 red cards)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm glad it isn't just me; thought I was turning into Ben's Grandad! I'll post the categories tomorrow morning; have them all written down in a dossier elsewhere.

I'm obviously missing something, but I've no idea what - I've tried both

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I used imgur to provide a pic.

Simply press print screen while looking at your team, go to imgur.com, click upload, press ctrl+v to paste your screenshot in, tick the box to allow editing then crop the picture to just be the pitch before completion.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
1224838_Dream_Team.jpg

Subs

Coloccini
Deschamps
Malbranque
Ravenelli
Sutton

My thoughts go like so.

Ruud is an out and out striker and will sit on the backs of the front two. KP and Dempsey will roam, getting into space both centrally and out wide pulling people left and right, they're strong and technical and would be a constant threat as well as providing flair. Edu will be the lynchpin in the middle of the park, centrally we'll look at getting almost all balls through him to the potential front 5. Evra and Kelly will be attacking wing backs in the way Hyypia could only dream of, both having a wing each to bomb up and down. McClair and Carrick will both sit and compensate for the wing backs runs, make themselves a brick wall in front of the back 2 as well as two very technically gifted players with a wealth of defensive experience to avoid being ripped apart on the counter.

Bringing on Dechamps could easily allow McClair or Carrick to sit with Edu and the wing backs to become more conventional, Ravenelli and Sutton would both provide the depth if we needed more out and out attacking threat, Malbranque is there when we need a winger to come on and really stretch the game if needed.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let's try this again:

PX1mTP5.png

Subs: Dave Beasant, Vedran Corluka, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Tomas Rosicky, Olivier Giroud

Thanks [MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My team was designed with fierce competition for places in mind so that my line up would be very strong regardless of who started and who was on the bench - It may have taken pre-season training & the friendlies for the manager to decide on the starting XI.

MGS1seh.jpg

SUBS:
Hugo Lloris
Joleon Lescott
Oscar
Lee Bowyer
Edin Dzeko

My tactics / formations and line up are designed to be easily adaptable, ie - 3CBs, or 2 DMs, 2 AMs, 3 up front, etc... allowing 5/3/2, 4/3/3, 4/4/2 etc, so any formation and line up would be possible (especially as i viewed this as a season long tournament format and to counter opposition tactics and key players if needed)

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Accrington Shuggie.png

Even though I say it myself, an astonishing feat in team-building.

- Incredible speed, invention, power and penetration up front
- Fluid midfield full of talent
- Robust, creative and indomitable at the back

Total Football lives again!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
F.C GNLF

Subs: Begovic(G.K), Arbeloa, Petrov, Sterling, Dublin

Let me take you through the principles and philosophy behind F.C GNLF. It's all about balance, flexibility, mental strength, resilience and flair.

All teams need a great keeper if they want to be serious contenders and F.C GNLF has one of the very best. Liverpool's player of the year in 2010 Pepe Reina is a three times Golden Glove winner as well as having the second best clean sheet percentage(47%) in premier league history. In front of the formidable Reina is a rock solid defense boasting vast experience and success. With over 250 international caps and 1100+ premier league appearances, plenty of trophies(including doubles, olympic titles, African cup of nations titles and being a key part of the Invincibles) between them there is nothing that the attacks in this competition can throw at them that will phase them.

Then we move into the midfield where F.C GNLF, if possible, gets even stronger. There's a three man central midfield consisting of Roy Keane, Yaya Toure and Ruud Gullit. Keane will patrol in front of the defense breaking up opposition attacks and players at will. There hasn't been a more ferocious competitor than Keane in premier league history and he will provide the platform from which my midfield will dominate games. He will free up Toure and Gullit to pull the strings and use their athleticism, dynamism and power to rampage over the opposition. Now some might try and argue that Gullit didn't have much of an impact on the premier league. Wrong. Not only was he the player of the season in his only season as only a player but he came runner up in the premier league player of the year awards. Then in the following season he went on to win the F.A cup as player-manager.

Nasri will play ahead of the central three in a free role, floating here and there picking up the ball and creating havoc with his passing and dribbling.

Up front Tevez and Torres two tireless forwards will ensure that no back line will get a moments rest and they will lap up the bountiful chances created by Nasri, Toure, Gullit and the two fullbacks firing in cross after cross short, low, deep, high it'll make no diffence as my two goal machines will gobble up the chances wherever and however they fall. Supporting them will be Gullit and Toure surging from midfield.

So that starting eleven possesses all of the qualities you could possibly need in a team. It is well balanced - all players are playing in their natural positions, and its not overloaded on any part of the pitch. It possesses mental strength and resilience in spades. The players between them have won every single competition possible-league cups, f.a cups, premier leagues, uefa cups, Champions leagues, World club cups, Olympic titles, African cup of Nations titles, European Championships, World cups. It has leaders and captains all over the pitch, even a player manager. In Toure, Gullit, Nasri, Tevez nd Torres it has more than its fair share of flair.

But what of flexibility? Well, thats where the bench comes in. Arbeloa offers cover for both full backs being comfortable on either flank. Dion Dublin offers cover in central defense as well as up front(he's one of a limited number of strikers to have scored more than 100 premier league goals and is a winner of the golden boot as well). Stiliyan Petrov can play either as a central midfielder or as a defensive midfielder while Raheem Sterling can play on either wing, as a central attacking midfielder or as a striker. What this all means is that F.C GNLF can play any formation it likes or needs to without weakening the team. My preferred formation is the 4-3-1-2 that I've set up above but we are equally comfortable and strong playing a standard 4-4-2, a diamond midfield, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-2-1 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 5-3-2, 5-4-1, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. It's this ability to play any formation and be no weaker than our strongest formation allied with the sheer quality of the players that, I believe, sets F.C GNLF apart.

Christ, thats a really long post. Sorry!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Team Sheet for Sparta Worthingite

1. D. Seaman - Fa Cup Winner
2. G. Neville - Premier Title Winner
3. W. Gallas - Played for three different clubs
4. L. Radebe - 70 Caps for national side (just!!!!)
5. M. Skrtel - Current Premier League player
6. N. Barmby - Relegated from Premier League
7. D. Batty - 200 Premier League Appearances
8. M. Hughes - Played Against Brighton
9.A. Schurrle - World Cup Finalist
10. I. Rush - Won Another top League (remember, old Div 1 counts!!!)
11. E. Heskey - £10 million Pounds + fee

Subs:
M. Schneiderlin - Promoted to Premier League
P. Gascoigne - Scored in London Derby
G. Cahill - 2 red cards
H. Kewell - Hattrick
A. Smith - debut before 20th Birthday

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
And this is how they line up.....

View attachment 64086

A typical early to mid 90's 4-4-2, with a strong stubborn defence. Debated whether to go for Cahill over Gallas in defence, however I think Gallas is just about more of a complete defender at his peak. Midfield has David Batty playing the holding central midfield role, giving Barmby and Schurrle the freedom to roam forward. A bold move I feel popping Mark Hughes in the high attacking midfield role, but hoping his vision would exploit defences, giving my little and large combo in Rush and Heskey the space to either get behind the defences or take an aeriel route. Overall, I'm quite pleased with my team, they wouldn't concede much, have plenty of doggedness and aggression, with firepower to match, with some superb options coming off the bench, specifically Kewell and Smith who can play utility roles. Gazza would get a cameo coming on for Hughes at some point, he's a risky pick I grant you, but he could easily offer up a moment of magic that would devastate teams. Not a player you'd wish to be coming off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes or so certainly. Schneiderlin makes good cover for Batty, he's an impressive young lad who in years to come is going to be a stalwart of the French national side. That Southampton managed to obtain him early in his career and have him at championship level is incredible.

So there is Sparta Worthingite. They're not flair, they're not world superstars in the main, but what they will do is put up a wall of granite, and then expose you on the counter attack. I'd like to think of them as a cross between the Leeds team that flew too close to the sun in the early 00's and a robust defensive side like the Chelsea of the late 90's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here