Votes: 289 91.5%
  • two points dropped

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had we had a ref that applied the laws I think we would have got more out of the game. There's letting the game flow and there's ignoring blatant fouls and Taylor fell into the later category. The most clear example was the handball against Dunk when he had clearly been pushed by Vydra, something the lino should have seen.

Taylor epitomizes why we didn't have refs at the last world cup and I'd guess we won't have any at the next!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes,they made the point on the radio that McAllister had been smashed in the head on three different occasions and we're surprised VAR didn't pick up on them.
I was genuinely worried for McAllister near the end.

Once they’d got away with it, they new it was fine so continued, open season on poor Mac.

Burnley all over.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A really hard won point Burnley are a very physical team it's injury inducing freezing cold, so coming away with a point is a good result at this moment, however if Webster injury is serious that well might take the gloss of it

The off side rule of not putting the flag until the passage of play has finished is mind boggling how Sanchez didn't pick up an injury

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got a point at a very difficult place against a team of thugs without playing very well ourselves. Def a point gained, especially with the rest we’ve picked up recently.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
With that ref, absolutely one point gained. Thuggery must be an acceptable part of the game if you are born anywhere near Burnley. We were bullied and Burnley grew in confidence once they realised that thuggery was acceptable with their Northern friend. Fecking terrible referee

Totally agree but would add some of the best passes came from Burnley players....I would have taken a point before the game so happy with what we got. We just need our strikers to get some confidence , look at Murray's first goal , instinctive finish which would have beaten any PL goal keeper.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Burnley are a horrible team to play against and were allowed to really get away with some nasty late and cumbersome challenges. They played on that because the ref did sod all to protect any of our players. That sounds like we are lightweight but we’re not.
A point gained and applause to our boys for holding out for it. A few months ago I reckon we would have lost this one.
We are looking leggy in mind and body, and deservedly so after the last two performances.
I was a little disappointed with our front two today. Neither offered much and both wasted possession too easily. Connolly isn’t ready for the first team imo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For one of the very few times this season, point gained. No question. We were dead on our feet second half.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was always going to be after Lord Mayors Show, decent game of football, speaking as John Keeley’s future brother in law its with a heavy heart that I say Sanchez is well on the way to becoming my favourite ever Albion keeper 😂

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Based on that 2nd half and how Burnley's threat increased significantly, it's a gritty well-earned point ground out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Very tough game, some crunching challenges in that second half, Burnley played well fair play to them.

We weren’t at our best so will happily take the point, keep the unbeaten run going and move on.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Point gained - a below par performance today but a week ago we’d have settled for 7 points from 3 games.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Before a ball was kicked I was confident we would win.
For that reason, and that reason alone, it's 2 points dropped for me and that's how I've voted.

However, I accept that we looked very leggy, Burnley played above themselves, and Sanchez was way way busier than Pope, so in the end I'm pleased we came away undefeated and a point was a good outcome.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sod the ratings. I got so bored I soon found myself watching out for looky-likies in the Burnley team.

James Tarkowski.png

Lee Evans.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here