"The players that I really, really like we cannot afford" - Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i cant wait until 31/1/12 when we have the news that someone "big" is signing and the thread reaches 150,000 posts and 800 pages only to find out Hesky turned us down to join Gillingham.....

joking a side, he has a gem up his sleeve which is going to debut against Brizzie City, other clubs will be astounded when he makes his debut.......watch this space.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
joking a side, he has a gem up his sleeve which is going to debut against Brizzie City, other clubs will be astounded when he makes his debut.......watch this space.

Vicente number 2? Or is it Michael Owen for the umpteenth time.

Put simply, I can't help feeling that any sort of credible challenge this season has been completely f***ed up by some bad luck with injuries to key players. I reckon Hoskins, Buckley, and Vicente would all have been absolutely pivotal to our challenge this season.

Hopefully we'll avoid any flirt with relegation, Hoskins and Buckley will get fit in good time (no sense in rushing them) and in the mean time Gus will recruit one or two rough diamonds in January (and then again in the close season) with a view to a proper tilt at promotion next season.

Agree.

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
We can forget about Jordan Rhodes and George Boyd then? We should have signed them in the summer instead of blowing 3M on one unproven player. Both players understandably now out of our price range. Send girly Harley back to Swansea where he wanted to be in the first place. Billy Paynter can Piss off back to Leeds! I cant believe anyone would pay money for that piece of S#it!

D

Deleted User X18H

From his body language I read this to mean 'so we can't afford but that doesn't mean to say we can't get SOME quality in'

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet is capable of bringing bargains into the club, for example, Liam Bridcutt and Romain Vincelot. I think some fans are looking for sticks to beat Poyet with because the team aren't winning every game. Maybe you should stick to watching Sky Premiership games and picking a winner rather than watching real football. Every manager has signed duds in their time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think we'll do much business in january. I think when our new head scout chap arrives, we'll snap up a couple of players, but then really focus our intentions, and finances, on the summer window when real business gets done. We all want success NOW, but patience is the key word here I think. There's no rush.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Poyet is capable of bringing bargains into the club, for example, Liam Bridcutt and Romain Vincelot. I think some fans are looking for sticks to beat Poyet with because the team aren't winning every game. Maybe you should stick to watching Sky Premiership games and picking a winner rather than watching real football. Every manager has signed duds in their time.

.......Wisdom........!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poyet is a good manager but with all his comments I feel he is not the Man to take us onto Premiership glory. Anyone else think this ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet is a good manager but with all his comments I feel he is not the Man to take us onto Premiership glory. Anyone else think this ?

No. He got us out of League One with a record number of points ever, record number of weeks at number one spot and we are just 4 points off the playoffs in our first season back in the Championship midway through. We are at our highest level in December since 1985. Of course this season isn't going to be a doddle as we're playing teams who have spent decades at this level and above and vastly more experienced at it than us. If we stick with Poyet, we'll get to the Premiership some time in the next few years.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Gus Poyet appears to have a strategy. I can't say about any Albion previous managers bar none. Peter Taylor II was especially disappointing in this respect. Peter Taylor I was otherwise the best strategist.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I see the keyboard mongs are out in force tonight, some people seem to think they know everything to do with Gus' plans and club finances when really, nobody knows. I can't believe some people are saying that Gus isn't up for it anymore. What, the guy who has has been known to transform fairly average players into good players (Barnes, Vincelot, Bridcutt) and won us the league in his first full season as a manager? Some people seem to think we have some divine right to be in the premier league and just when we start hitting a bad patch that's when we hear them. Jesus Christ.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
anyone who expected to piss this league with a team with a combined weight of about 94 stone dripping wet , really needs their lumps felt..........we are far too lightweight and need at least three bullies to compete properly. the financial benefits from falmer are probably not entrenched enough yet to allow us to compete when it comes to money ,i would say we are lower third of the div , financially.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Weird comment to make. Pisses off existing team, owner, players he is currently talking to about coming in and fans. There is no upside for him, other than to effectively say "dont blame me for results" - which in itself isnt a good message either!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Poyet talks too much and I think the club should assign someone to him who can run through what he is going to say and edit for obvious reasons.
He seems to feel the need to air his opinion on everything all the time and can't or dosen't want to stay out of the limelight.
Quite frankly when I see a thread which starts with something like 'Poyet says..................',. I think what pearls of wisdom are we in for now.
It has got to the stage where I expect to see his comments on the GFC and who should be the Pope, published.
The commenting may have been a scource of amusement at first but now it is becominging a joke or cringeworthy IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports