Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The players should be ASHAMED of themselves.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes, the buck ultimately stops with the manager (and, apparently, his coaching staff).

However, I really hope some of the absolute pigheaded tossers in our team realise it's their fault that a good man who has just uprooted his family now faces unemployment, along with his two assistants.

The likes of Kuipers, Elphick, Murray and Cox amongst others should be ashamed of themselves. Slade hasn't told them to get sent off. Slade hasn't told them to be a shadow of their former selves. Slade didn't realise the two blokes he got in from Forest would put in half-arsed performances.

They've been total and utter shit this season (with the odd exception like Forster and Bennett), and it's their performances
that have cost decent people their jobs while they continue to earn thousands of pounds a week for being crap.

It's not on. Slade isn't blameless, and the league table suggests he was right to be given the chop. But I really, really, hope some of the players at least have the balls to apologise for ensuring three blokes have lost their jobs.

:nono:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Totally agree, Slade's getting the blame for the some players playing like total cocks, and although the manager always gets the blame for this, it's not fair on Russ. As once them players cross that white line, there is effectively nothing he can do.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
totally agree....which is why whoever comes in needs to get rid of
half the team..because to be frank a) they don't care and b) aren't good
enough.....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes, the buck ultimately stops with the manager (and, apparently, his coaching staff).

However, I really hope some of the absolute pigheaded tossers in our team realise it's their fault that a good man who has just uprooted his family now faces unemployment, along with his two assistants.

The likes of Kuipers, Elphick, Murray and Cox amongst others should be ashamed of themselves. Slade hasn't told them to get sent off. Slade hasn't told them to be a shadow of their former selves. Slade didn't realise the two blokes he got in from Forest would put in half-arsed performances.

They've been total and utter shit this season (with the odd exception like Forster and Bennett), and it's their performances
that have cost decent people their jobs while they continue to earn thousands of pounds a week for being crap.

It's not on. Slade isn't blameless, and the league table suggests he was right to be given the chop. But I really, really, hope some of the players at least have the balls to apologise for ensuring three blokes have lost their jobs.

1 million per cent spot on. Virgo needs to be named and shamed as well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
True, but but by making him captain, Slade essentially signed his own death warrant, certainly in pencil.

Funny old game!

You can understand why he did though. His performances at the end of last season were class and he's one of our most experienced players.

Sadly, he's forgotten how to defend again. :nono:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I apprecaite what Virgo did for us against Swindon etc ....but since then
and while back with us -he's done more harm than good.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

That is true to a degree, but why have the likes of those players gone backwards this season? What has happened to team spirit this time? Why did we look like a bunch of individuals, not a team? Yes there have been some monumental individual mistakes particularly at the back, but you defend as a team so, for instance, if the wide midfielders never track back with opponents, your full backs are exposed and central defenders are dragged out of position. It's not really very complicated, but we were a shambles at times defensively, no organisation whatsoever, and a lot of that has to come from the management. Add the fact that we never signed a competent left back to cover Mcnulty and it's easy to see why TB pulled the trigger.

The players have been poor, but they are not all poor players so it must be something to do with coaching and management.

I think you are right in general and also that the players ought to take more of the responsibility.

If they had done some of the basics better at both ends of the pitch then I am confident we would be a lot higher up the league and Russell would be in a job.

It strikes me that although you can't sack players as easily as you can sack a manager, you should be able to hit them in the pocket for some of the mistakes they make and that would perhaps incentivise them to do things better?

Coleman88

May 30, 2008
Blackpool
Totally agree, the players have put in some half arsed performances and because of it Slade has got the sack. However at the end of the day the buck is always going to stop with the manager. I just hope whoever comes in can sort the players out and get them putting in some decent performances.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

spot on mate
interesting on another thread I was saying that an interesting choice for next manager might be Jonn Gregory he would certainly sort out the dross who lost RS his job and a few others

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
There seems to be a real problem with the players currently imo they contributed in getting adams sacked and now slade...to my mind one of the main culprits is virgo....he came out at the end of last season giving it the big un...told slade that he wanted to be played in his best position centreback and that he was championship quality so slade says ok big mouth i will play u centrehalf and make u my captain...virgs has followed that up by being an uninspriational sh*t kicker who doent lead or set an example to the youngsters..no control, lack of pace, and john smiths it at every opportunity...i am ashamed of the players....i just hope the new man comes with the mentality of you f*ckers will not get me sacked play sh*t and you are out the team carry on playing sh*t and u are out the club full stop

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yep totally agree.

I hope whoever the new manager is, is going to come in and kick some ass...........big time and show the door to any who do not step up to the mark.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I agree, however the buck like you said, stops with the manager. The thing is, as a manager you need to address if you think the players are representing what you believe to be good enough, if not you change them. Slade brought some of the players in, which he felt was good enough, however sadly they aren't.

The end of the day you a manager is judged on the way the players perform on the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are times when you can argue that the manager picks the team, that his tactics win or lose us games etc. For me, this is not one of those times. It is about the players, especially defensively (emphasis on ly, i.e. not just those with 'defender' as their occupation title).

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
There are times when you can argue that the manager picks the team, that his tactics win or lose us games etc. For me, this is not one of those times. It is about the players, especially defensively (emphasis on ly, i.e. not just those with 'defender' as their occupation title).

I agree with you Acker, however the manager thought/thinks the players were good enough at the start of the season. So in my opinion its down to the manager.

:ascarf:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I agree, however the buck like you said, stops with the manager. The thing is, as a manager you need to address if you think the players are representing what you believe to be good enough, if not you change them. Slade brought some of the players in, which he felt was good enough, however sadly they aren't.

The end of the day you a manager is judged on the way the players perform on the pitch.

i think most of slades buys have been very good
and i feel that if we sold them there would be a profit
trouble is with virgo i wonder how much control slade had over him
shame he and others have got a good man the sack
and i stil think if he had of stayed he would have got it right

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
i think most of slades buys have been very good
and i feel that if we sold them there would be a profit
trouble is with virgo i wonder how much control slade had over him
shame he and others have got a good man the sack
and i stil think if he had of stayed he would have got it right

Well that's down to opinion about the quality of the players.

If Slade didn't have control over Virgo, why give him the captaincy?

I don't know Slade, so I don't know if he was a good man.

You may have been right about giving the manager more time, but thats what i immediately thought when Bloom became chairman. When you have an ambitions chairman, who is investing heavily in the squad you are looking for returns and our position in the league doesn't show us that presently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here