Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Plastic Support" Argument

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A few cans of red and blue emoltion a can of white gloss and a sink plunger..happy days!!

Haha - if I can be so forward as to suggest a few air fresheners in the bogs too I reckon you are spot on!!

On a serious note I reckon it would be a disaster if after your parachute payments have dissappeared in a few years SP is still in the same state.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
[QUJust OTE=Postman Pat;5838790]My definition is the same as Loz, you seem to have a different one. I couldn't give a monkeys what yours is.[/QUOTE]

Same as mine then .

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Plastics is a term for people who don't go to watch a team they claim to 'support.' The moment they watch their team in person, they are not plastics.

Personally I thought that was an armchair fan? A plastic to me, is somebody who supports Man U, Liverpool etc but has never been to a game.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Haha - if I can be so forward as to suggest a few air fresheners in the bogs too I reckon you are spot on!!

On a serious note I reckon it would be a disaster if after your parachute payments have dissappeared in a few years SP is still in the same state.
It won't be , btw don't worry about the state of selhurst . It really shouldn't bother you lot .

el punal

Very much this. I have infinitely more respect for a Palace fan for supporting their local team than someone who 'supports' Man U from the comfort of their armchair

I agree. My daughter lives in Croydon :ohmy: and by the way is Albion through and through, finds that most "fans" in the area wear Chelsea shirts. Now, having having been at all the rivalry matches of the 70s and some of the 80s I'm no Palace lover, but at least I respect them for supporting their local team unlike the glory hunters following Chelsea.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

It would be not only a disaster but very disappointing. The main stand will be replaced first as it generates most business. In away that’s a pity as it is nearly 100 years old, but to progress Palace need to draw other revenues like all clubs these days.

The AW can and should be after that, as although not a bad stand to watch football the facilities are awful. The stand has a big footprint so much can be done with it without upsetting the locals.

Holmesdale is a great stand lots of bars and a good view...just a lick of paint.

I must confess I have never been in the Whitehorse end..Well not since the late 70s anyway!! But have heard the facilities are not that great although a nice view of the pitch.

One stand at a time starting next summer I would hope.

This is just my take on it and I could be completely wrong.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Stop trying to start a bloody argument.

Loz seems like a normal human being who I was trying to engage in an adult football discussion with. Clearly not worth the bother.

If only you knew!! (he says while wearing a gimp mask sitting in his wifes thong)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It would be not only a disaster but very disappointing. The main stand will be replaced first as it generates most business. In away that’s a pity as it is nearly 100 years old, but to progress Palace need to draw other revenues like all clubs these days.

The AW can and should be after that, as although not a bad stand to watch football the facilities are awful. The stand has a big footprint so much can be done with it without upsetting the locals.

Holmesdale is a great stand lots of bars and a good view...just a lick of paint.

I must confess I have never been in the Whitehorse end..Well not since the late 70s anyway!! But have heard the facilities are not that great although a nice view of the pitch.

One stand at a time starting next summer I would hope.

This is just my take on it and I could be completely wrong.

Yep - I guess the sensible thing to do is to do 'a Blackpool' and take certain relegation and then bank the cash. However we all know that football fans don't like this sensible approach! Will certainly be interesting to see how much Palace spend this summer and (if you go down) next summer to try and go back up.

A nice problem to have I guess.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Re: Woolwich Murder suspect attacked in Prison

I don't watch every game, sometimes things get in the way. Yet I claim to support bhafc. Am I therefore a plastic ?

Trying to claim some people are better fans than others reminds me when children argue.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As a Palace fan I find the word plastics for fans that actully go to games just silly.

If your (any team in the football league) is doing well and you have a nice ground (BHA) fans will come and hopefully stay.

A plastic fan is the fan with a 10 year old Man u shirt on, watching them in a pub on a sunday afternoon and claiming that his a true fan although he has never actully seen them live or in fact been north of Godstone.

Well thats my take on it!!

Bang on.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
If I can get into the argument, There are PLASTICS/JCL'S who I believe support other teams but have come along to see what the fuss is about for example new build ground and promotion, some may choose to stay the distance some may stop if football for you/us is the same, JCB'S/FAIRWEATHERS No not the diggers but we both have these, some never wanted to come back to Brighton in the withdean days some never wanted to come back to selhurst during the Francis days but now there's a bit of success they return, not all are like that though some have other commitments that get in the way of a day out at the footie. ARMCHAIRS Yep these are the worst of the worst, They claim to support man u, chelsea, arsenal they have switched allegiance like they change pants, They take the analysis from sky sports and have never stepped foot through there supposed supported club, yet they will try and preach football to you and belittle our proud clubs and in our case beg you for tickets to see there supposed team.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
ARMCHAIRS Yep these are the worst of the worst, They claim to support man u, chelsea, arsenal they have switched allegiance like they change pants, They take the analysis from sky sports and have never stepped foot through there supposed supported club, yet they will try and preach football to you and belittle our proud clubs and in our case beg you for tickets to see there supposed team.

I used to work with a couple of lads. One was a Spurs fan and the other was a 40 year old Chelsea fan (he backed up his credentials by boasting that he had supported them since Vialli!). Neither of them had ever seen a live football match.

I on the other hand have probably seen around 600 Albion games (Jesus wept!) but was basically not allowed to join in with Monday morning football chat because I only supported little Brighton.

These are the worst kind by a mile.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Armchair fans are the blokes at work who spout off about what is happening in the Premier League and have supported a big six club for the last 20 years ever since they've been able to watch "their team" on Sky. Invariably they have never seen a live game home or away of their favourite side or even the local team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here