Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Plant based burger

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I went to get a KitKat before the game. They only had VEGAN KitKats. I actually thought they were joking - they weren't. There it was, resplendent in its green wrapper.

What have we become.
That’ll be a kitkat for people who don’t want to eat the milk

They are not very nice imo

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I went to get a KitKat before the game. They only had VEGAN KitKats. I actually thought they were joking - they weren't. There it was, resplendent in its green wrapper.

What have we become.

We used to be a real country. Did we lose a war or something? Churchill must be turning in his grave.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have no real 'beef' with peoples dietary choices. I do take offence to the 'thunberg effect' of being criticised for for my dietary choices(few years ago, daughters friend, pasty faced vegan bint). I've tried some of these alternatives...not for me. I've got to really laugh out loud at some of the adverts that have popped up on this thread, house plants and lab equipment expo.......who says they're not listening ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t eat meat but tried a Moving Mountains burger in a pub as I didn’t fancy the other veggie/ vegan option, I would recommend this burger to anyone. Quite pleased I’ve found it on the menu of a few other pubs.
Yeah these are decent. They serve them at the Big Beach. Would choose this over a crap meat burger every time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Swathes of vital forest are cut down to create room to grow feed for animals that we then eat.

💯 support anyone’s choice to eat meat or not but even the most ardent flesh chomper must recognise that is utter madness.

Burgers are overrated anyway as are the hipster morons who think they are culinary prodigies for slapping some ground beef on a griddle .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t think meat-free alternatives are about shaming meat eaters. They aren’t for me anyway. I don’t care about anyone else’s diet, that is entirely their business.

But I did used to absolutely love a burger, and when plant based alternatives started to pop up it meant I could have dirty burgers again. The fact they are mostly absolute crap in taste, texture and price by comparison to real meat, well, that’s just an annoyance. And yea, I think they are over processed in the main and likely worse for your than beef.

I hope they figure out how to make lab grown protein for low cost. That will eventually put the nail in the coffin for the meat industry.

Would you eat lab grown beef? Chemically identical to real beef, but grown in clean lab conditions, to the exact spec required?
they've made low-cost synthetic protein, quorn. its just not good enough to fool people as a replacement. lab grown "meat" will probably do that, look forward to that getting cracked. some get squimish about lab-grown ignoring all the stuff they already eat that's manufactured in some way. though apparently many vegans wont consider lab grown meat because the source protein comes from an animal (they'll be upset when finding out many medicines do too).

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’m trying to keep the saturated fats down to help with the cholesterol. I was pleased to see the vegan sausage casserole on the menu, as cutting out the pastry really helps.

So, of course, there wasn’t any at 14:15. Brilliant.

Somebody missed out on my £5.30 because there was absolutely nothing else that came close to being low fat.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I’m trying to keep the saturated fats down to help with the cholesterol. I was pleased to see the vegan sausage casserole on the menu, as cutting out the pastry really helps.

So, of course, there wasn’t any at 14:15. Brilliant.

Somebody missed out on my £5.30 because there was absolutely nothing else that came close to being low fat.
I saw tomato soup on the menu!! ;)

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

What have we become.
Two fingers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here