Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Perfect Steak

Buy a good marbled Loin or Rib,(12oz) more than one inch thick.No other cut of beef is as good for this purpose.Do not marinate or season with anything other than brushed olive oil. Save that for the end or other cuts of beef which warrant it.Bring the steak to room temperature before grilling or panfried. Preheat the grill or oven as hot as it can get,then whilst cooking reduce the heat to proper setting If your grilling oil the grids to prevent sticking.To create that crisscross mark place the steak on a 45* angle for two minutes twice each side for 2 minutes. Rest the steak for five minutes on a plate near the heat for five minutes.Do not wrap it in foil. believe me its worth the wait. Besides you can use that time to get your favourite condiments. I like Kosher salt, milled peppercorns and HP Sauce. For pan fried, I'd strongly recommend only using cast iron ,clean and well seasoned.Preheat the pan until hot or droplets of water dance off its surface.rub steaks in olive oil . Sear 30 seconds a side. Don't play with the meat or press it or tear with tongs, use a bloody thermometer, and check the temp in the centre. Put steak and pan in oven. Time 3 minutes open oven and turn the steak over. Time 2 minutes.Take out of oven place on top and let rest for five minutes.
Doneness: Blue-49C
Rare-52C
Med Rare-57C
Medium-63C
Med Well-68C
Well Done-76C

:thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sounds okay but I wouldn't put it in the oven for 5 minutes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
everyone knows real men don't cook their own steak :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you make the perfect steak and then put HP sauce on it:wozza:
each to their own my son...i'm a mustard or horse-raddish man myself..........i had a 600gm rib-eye last week-end at what is supposed to be one of perths best steakhouses and it was gash.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here