Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The perfect penalty

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been a little vexed by no specific thread for what has to be the greatest penalty I have ever seen, in all football.
Sure we've spoken of it in every thread so clearly it doesn't need one of its own, until now.

Oh my god

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FvYE5h4XsAM-3GR.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the ex player pundits last night said it was the best penalty he’d ever seen. Quite some praise from a player who was either at United in their pomp or at Liverpool, not sure which of Redknapp or Ince said it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In one of his post-match interviews, with TalkSport I think, he covered his routine and that he said he takes 5-6 seconds to prepare himself.

I timed him on @LamieRobertson's video on a thread last night and it was 10.5 seconds from whistle to ball strike. In the stadium, it felt like about 10.5 years.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been a little vexed by no specific thread for what has to be the greatest penalty I have ever seen, in all football.
Sure we've spoken of it in every thread so clearly it doesn't need one of its own, until now.

Oh my god

They're right - that is an EPIC view of it all!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I know, leaves a bit of a hole if he does go tbh - I’d like to see someone else taking them if we are winning well in a game to give them experience

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was an excellent penalty especially under the circumstances, but surely the perfect penalty for a right footed player is to curl it with the inside of the foot just inside the keeper's left hand post?
Also, I may be wrong, but doesn't Ali Mac always go to the keeper's right?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In one of his post-match interviews, with TalkSport I think, he covered his routine and that he said he takes 5-6 seconds to prepare himself.

I timed him on @LamieRobertson's video on a thread last night and it was 10.5 seconds from whistle to ball strike. In the stadium, it felt like about 10.5 years.

As referenced above. his longest whistle to kick wait so far.

reactiontime.png

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It was an excellent penalty especially under the circumstances, but surely the perfect penalty for a right footed player is to curl it with the inside of the foot just inside the keeper's left hand post?
Shhhhhh

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the ex player pundits last night said it was the best penalty he’d ever seen. Quite some praise from a player who was either at United in their pomp or at Liverpool, not sure which of Redknapp or Ince said it.
It was Redknapp. He describes MacAllister’s body shape as indicating he was going to kick to his right, but his feet switched shape to boot it to his left and up to the corner.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did De Gea not look at his water bottle??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The perfect penalty would be one which is physically impossible for the keeper to save, even if his water bottle has told him exactly where the ball was to be kicked.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So then

Is Ali Mac our best ever penalty taker in your opinion?

Hemed was good, but I would guess MacAllister is now statistically above him. 1 miss in 11 taken. Solid.

We've generally struggled in recent years, but the fact that he is a reliable penalty taker should be factored into any sale price

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh my god

I did start a thread on it last night 😏

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He also goes straight down the middle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here