Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE palace player to watch out for Derby day

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just watched the highlights of their game against Hull and we certainly have to watch his runs into the penalty area.
He has been taking lesson's from Zaha and Murray.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Most palace fans feel Williams will be a better player than zaha he has everything that a footballer needs for the mordan game and is getting better game by game since his return from a broken leg

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I've always been critical of Zaha's talent and the hype that comes out of Palace about him. Williams is different though, he justifies the hype and if he can get past the few injuries he's suffered, then he's a genuine class act in the making. As he showed at the Amex last year.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
:lolol: I love that this rubbish is still being spouted. Not just by you, but in general. His performance in the 3-0 shoeing is probably the most overhyped and overrated in the history of the sport. He's been on the bench a bit recently, which is weird considering he's omnipotent.

I swear, some of you lot on here rate Yannick more highly than a lot of Palace fans.

I like Yannick, he's a tricky player and he's as strong as anything. He's quick and direct but he can't shoot for toffee and his passing is pretty average. He's a very good Championship winger and will one day become a reasonable Premiership player at best.

To compare Bolasie to Williams or Zaha is ridiculous. Bolasie was an absolute bargain at £300k and is now worth easily 5 times that at least, but he doesn't compare to Wilfried or Jonny when it comes to technical ability.

Williams had a horrible leg injury shortly after our game at the Amex last year which kept him out for a very long period of time. He has only recently gotten fit again but he could be the best player our academy has ever produced. He is certainly the one to watch. As well as Zaha. And Murray. And Jedinak. And Phillips.

I don't watch Palace so I'm purely off what I saw when we played them. He dominated us, and Zaha was almost non existent that game.

Dec 29, 2011
Murray, Zaha, Bolasie, Williams, Phillips, Jedinak, maybe you should start a thread for Palace players we SHOULDN'T be wary of.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I've always been critical of Zaha's talent and the hype that comes out of Palace about him. Williams is different though, he justifies the hype and if he can get past the few injuries he's suffered, then he's a genuine class act in the making. As he showed at the Amex last year.

Zaha has all the skills and flair but that is really it. Although there is now an end product. He cannot win or dictate a game.

Williams on the other hand does have that ability (also has some flair and end product).

But he's quite short. Pros and Cons.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A.i really want to look out for a player who might cause my team some damage great
B.im not a bonehead if your talking as it sounds exictiedly about jake f or someone i whos coming through our ranks might have thought yea good call but what a shit thread.

Anyone?

Nope, me neither.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Zaha has all the skills and flair but that is really it. Although there is now an end product. He cannot win or dictate a game.

Williams on the other hand does have that ability (also has some flair and end product).

But he's quite short. Pros and Cons.

Xavi and Iniesta don't seem to struggle with their height (or lack of)..

Tunny Wells CP

May 27, 2011
I expected more optimism on these boards to be honest, as we're often pretty dreadful away from home.

I think your fans can make a huge difference - but as we all know home crowds in all seaters more often than not never quite reach the levels we all hope for. Selhurst is sporadic despite the drone (yes I'll admit it can be a drone) from our Fanatics and the Amex crowd when I went last year was disappointing IMO.

Having said that, personally I would be over the moon with a draw.

PS do you still sell Harveys in the ground?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Xavi and Iniesta don't seem to struggle with their height (or lack of)..

Hence the name Joniesta :bowdown:

A tad excessive at the moment, but he's pure class and will grace the top 4 of the Premiership for many years to come. I can see him going to Arsenal in a couple of years and starting alongside Wilshere for them.

Shame he's Welsh :(

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Having said that, personally I would be over the moon with a draw.

4 points from Brighton two seasons in a row would be great, I agree.

I think we're the better team but given our shaky away record this year I'd probably take a point just in case. We've been playing well, but we've been beaten by shit goals against the run of play a few times (Burnley, Leeds, Huddersfield...) away from home when we should have won.

WOW. That's BRILLIANT AND it's REALLY clever.

:lolol:

Quite. Holloway says he's more like David Silva though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here