Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Out in Marseille and this may help someone" thread

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Any more detail for those of us not there!?
Well it was all a bit of nothing, but we were having a few beers in a side pub round the corner from F-Bar, about 7 to 10 of us. All very relaxed watching champions league. I clocked there were some blokes on mopeds who kept on coming past filming us, just ignored them. Then all the sudden someone threw a banger at us, sitting outside, bar owner started moving us into the pub, looked up the street and there was about 60 or 70 people in balaclavas. The owner then started putting the shutter down, locking us in, and then I waited it out a few hours since the bar was still serving. A shame because we were not actually doing anything wrong it all kicked off for no reason really, just having a few pints.

Think there were some shenanigans at F-Bar, some idiots shouting and swearing at every moped that came passed who were far too pissed and old enough to know better.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
After a good night’s sleep we are ready for the biggest day ever!

Attachments

• AC3911B8-A6A8-4C2B-8902-7E1F6D6FEBC2.jpeg
    AC3911B8-A6A8-4C2B-8902-7E1F6D6FEBC2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well it was all a bit of nothing, but we were having a few beers in a side pub round the corner from F-Bar, about 7 to 10 of us. All very relaxed watching champions league. I clocked there were some blokes on mopeds who kept on coming past filming us, just ignored them. Then all the sudden someone threw a banger at us, sitting outside, bar owner started moving us into the pub, looked up the street and there was about 60 or 70 people in balaclavas. The owner then started putting the shutter down, locking us in, and then I waited it out a few hours since the bar was still serving. A shame because we were not actually doing anything wrong it all kicked off for no reason really, just having a few pints.

Think there were some shenanigans at F-Bar, some idiots shouting and swearing at every moped that came passed who were far too pissed and old enough to know better.
That's what that bang was. Heard it in my hotel. And the F-Bar is in Joilette which is where we are all supposed to be anyhow, so hardly the Old Port.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
One of my lads is on the BA2620 LGW to Montpellier which should have left at 7.15am and is still on the tarmac at LGW now, 90 minutes later. For those of you omit, the trains from Montpellier to Marseilles are also fecked, they’ve shunted the 10.58am into the 12.58pm, and if you miss that the next one is 2.58pm which gets into Marseilles at 4.35pm and leaves barely 30 minutes before ticket collection closes. Might be worth someone notifying the club, because there are about 90 BHA on that flight, apparently. And that could get messy if ticket collection closes.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
One of my lads is on the BA2620 LGW to Montpellier which should have left at 7.15am and is still on the tarmac at LGW now, 90 minutes later. For those of you omit, the trains from Montpellier to Marseilles are also fecked, they’ve shunted the 10.58am into the 12.58pm, and if you miss that the next one is 2.58pm which gets into Marseilles at 4.35pm and leaves barely 30 minutes before ticket collection closes. Might be worth someone notifying the club, because there are about 90 BHA on that flight, apparently. And that could get messy if ticket collection closes.
I have just shown this to the ticket collection people, so they know.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
For anyone staying at Tokoyo Inn, I just dropped my bag off and they informed me check in may start at 12 rather than 4.
Worth asking when you get there rather than dropping off luggage

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
The joys of flying out of the worlds busiest single runway airport in the world. Combine that with ATC restrictions and BA who do not have a enough pilots then this is the result.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Also experienced tear gas in the old port. There was a lad dressed in black at the door watching us and another young bloke came and said to us you’ll be fine in here, but they definitely wanted something. Undercover police started lobbing tear-gas to disperse about 40-50 ultras and then it was fine. Still not a nice experience inhaling it 😂

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

We were outside F Bar when only a couple of scooters. Hope our pr*ck who gobbed off and then bolted is very proud! When the mob rumour went up we went back to our hotel, Meininger………where there were 6 or 7 more scooters- they gave us chicken shouts as we sought safety of hotel bar!

I’m mid 50s old school Albion and remember the very dark days. Tonight, if people aren’t careful, will get very messy. Stay safe all!!!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just seen the official busses leave at 2pm?! Seems way too early.

I was going to make my own way there on the metro or walk, but maybe having slightly second thoughts after some of the stories from last night.

What do others think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here