Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Out in Marseille and this may help someone" thread

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Just remember you don’t need to be able to run faster than the Ultras, you just need to be able to run faster than one of your mates.

*taps nose*
My version is you don’t have to be able to outswim the shark, you only need to be able to outswim your sister.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Mates out there as going on a cruise and gas been down port in queen Victoria pub asked a couple of police about brighton fans as they saw his tattoo,they laughed when he said is it safe ,they said of course ,more of our club trying to keep everyone together

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do hope that we are going to be seeing plenty of pictures.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know if the La Joliette fan zone is open for Albion fans Wednesday and if so, will they have a big screen with a champions league game on? Arrive at 5 ish via train. Seems a waste just having it Thursday when we have to leave from 2:00.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone know if the La Joliette fan zone is open for Albion fans Wednesday and if so, will they have a big screen with a champions league game on? Arrive at 5 ish via train. Seems a waste just having it Thursday when we have to leave from 2:00.
It’s just a public square so it will be “open”. I understand it’s in a quiet part of the city so I imagine it will be quiet apart from match day when some extra bars and a DJ will be added. No mention of a big screen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've recently done my back and calf in. If push comes to shove, I'm that gazelle that gets torn into 20 pieces by a pride of lions whilst Attenborough narrates in a sad voice.
I have to admit the post was inspired by a recent gentleman’s trip to Slovakia to ride mountain carts down a mountain and walk up, round and down a couple of others.

The carting was fine but as we prepared for the walk I had a f***ed ankle. Another of our group has a metal knee and a scar up most of his leg.

The map showed there were bears around the second you got to a flatter, more woody track. Me and knee boy were instantly re-christened “Bear Food 1” and “Bear Food 2”.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have to admit the post was inspired by a recent gentleman’s trip to Slovakia to ride mountain carts down a mountain and walk up, round and down a couple of others.

The carting was fine but as we prepared for the walk I had a f***ed ankle. Another of our group has a metal knee and a scar up most of his leg.

The map showed there were bears around the second you got to a flatter, more woody track. Me and knee boy were instantly re-christened “Bear Food 1” and “Bear Food 2”.

Approaching 50, I thought I was reasonably fit if not in tip top shape. In the last game of cricket I played, the ball got close to but not on the boundary line causing my partner who I dubbed "Chariots" to insist we could run 4. Whilst we achieved this feat, he lapped me on his 4th and my 3rd as I hobbled to my hard earned runs. The following weekend my back ceased up as I was running the line in an under 13s football game causing the embarrassment of being replaced at half time before I knackered my calf the following week - wait for it - warming up the goalkeeper. Yes, that's right merely throwing some balls to catch.

I was used to get injured doing proper things. Now I sometimes do my back in just by sleeping in a funny position. I hate getting old.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It’s just a public square so it will be “open”. I understand it’s in a quiet part of the city so I imagine it will be quiet apart from match day when some extra bars and a DJ will be added. No mention of a big screen.
Surely it's the night before that we need somewhere to go as we'll all be at a match Thursday from 4 at the latest and not back till late. Just my thought. As two old geezers we're looking for a comfy restaurant/bar and an invalid with a broken leg (only person we can outrun).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well it’s not good screaming for a policeman out there, they will batter the f*** out of you to 🤣
This is a serious point. They actually will. I’m much more worried about them than the locals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely it's the night before that we need somewhere to go as we'll all be at a match Thursday from 4 at the latest and not back till late. Just my thought. As two old geezers we're looking for a comfy restaurant/bar and an invalid with a broken leg (only person we can outrun).
You can still go there on Wednesday if you really want to; it’s just the extra beer kiosks and DJ won’t be there. It’s a city square; it doesn't close. But if it’s just a comfy restaurant/bar you want I’m sure you will find something suitable in most parts of the city.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is a serious point. They actually will. I’m much more worried about them than the locals.
I have no idea about French police although when I lived in Greece they all took a bribe £50 normally got you off the hook for most things apart from drugs and murder.
I hope it all goes well for those travelling although I do think reading various threads many think it will be like a three day city break with the missus or mates with a football match thrown in one evening. The OB will be on you from minute one looking for any excuse to wade in. And then even possibly on the Wednesday you may have Marseille fans on the prowl looking for anyone male and English come the evening.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here