Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Going to this on the last day
Am going for a match bet treble
Donald to beat Westwood
McDowell to beat Watney &
Manessero to beat Stenson

I am a bit of a novice at golf tournaments, can anyone tell me if you can just roll up and pay on the day to get in?
I found out its 60 quid for a day ticket but am not sure if you have to buy in advance

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Going to this on the last day
Am going for a match bet treble
Donald to beat Westwood
McDowell to beat Watney &
Manessero to beat Stenson

I am a bit of a novice at golf tournaments, can anyone tell me if you can just roll up and pay on the day to get in?
I found out its 60 quid for a day ticket but am not sure if you have to buy in advance[
/QUOTE]

you could buy today some tickets and there are some on ticket master, there is a place to pick pre booked tickets up from it looked like, on the right as ya walk in, but my Dad was adamant they were sold out, but i dont think they are

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Oirish bloke has blown it already

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The BBC coverage this morning is RUBBISH. They can't seem to follow the ball in flight at all... you see players hitting the ball, and then nothing... they don't even seem to have spotters out there to show where it ended up. I hope they step up their game :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
still rubbish... and then they totally miss McIlroy playing his pitch at the 7th... hopeless!

If you can't do it properly... Give it to SKY.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They got the hole-in-one OK

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The BBC coverage this morning is RUBBISH. They can't seem to follow the ball in flight at all... you see players hitting the ball, and then nothing... they don't even seem to have spotters out there to show where it ended up. I hope they step up their game :nono:

One of the commentators, after (Scot) Sandy Lyle played a good bump and run shot, has just said: "Great local knowledge there from Sandy."

It's f**king Kent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Dustin Johnson I think

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Went to The Open yesterday. Left Eastbourne at 5:45 & got to just off the park & ride at 7:30 but didn't get to golf until 9:45
icon_twisted.gif
Fuming as they sold tickets & did security at the site, very slowly - 4 ticket queues went into 2 security queues. f*** knows why they did it there and not at the course - they gave you a voucher which meant for speedy access but there weren't any queues there anyway. Bus took ages too, if you are going park at the course it can't be slower than the p&r.

Sat at the 10th to watch the top groups go through & it was playing straight downwind which made approach shots tricky, even with wedges. Ikeda( I think) almost got an eagle whilst we were there but not many putts went in from over 10 feet. After a swift pint & meeting with a mate we headed back on the course & ended up sitting on the grass by the 6th which is a great amphitheatre. Plenty finding the bunkers and again not many long putts holed.

Wandered for another pint & to the 18th to watch for an hour or so & watched Sandy Lyle lip out for par. Got home much quicker:D

Not a good day for many of my players but still all to play for. Surprised scoring wasn't much better in afternoon as wind dropped right away, no rain & it warmed up a bit.

Good luck for anyone going over the weekend as the forecast looks awful.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Tom Watson Hole-in-one :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports