Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The one and only,world famous,Fridat night drinking thread!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Had a catch up with a few mates on Zoom earlier and one of them ended with anyway I’ve got to pop out and pick up some white port....

Apparently the discerning summer tipple this year is White Port and tonic.

Give me a Guinness any day of the week.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
As part of my exercise today, I cycled to a friend's house to take photos of his garden which I re-landscaped in the winter. He happened to be in and staying within social distancing guidelines, plied me with two cans of lager, but I didn't bother to see what was written on the cans. When I cycled back home, (is there a word for staggering slightly on a bike?), my next door neighbour presented me with a glass of ale brewed in the Hand in Hand pub, a very short distance away, still staying within social distancing guidelines. After that, I got a bottle of Leffe Kreik out of my fridge to wash my afternoon's work, down.
I'm now going to have my dinner consisting of chili and rice, which I'll finish with a bottle of Crabbies alcoholic Ginger Beer. I know how to live!

What's this supposed to mean? Shirley it's got to be either one or the other?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back home. Had two pints of “Gold” from the restaurant next door to the office which is now brewing beer in their kellar, a couple of pints of Stone pale ale, then went to Brewdog for a pint of Punk IPA and finished off with a Sudden Death Juice Willis NEIPA. Back home now and pondering my next move....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have been drinking Krombacher all afternoon. Its a fine clean German lager that I'd recommend to anyone. The payoff is that farts smell of sewerage

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

What’s the craic with King Cobra these days? I used to enjoy a couple of these with the missus in the curry house down the road - 7.5% and you knew you’d had ‘em. But I saw some in a shop the other day and the ABV seemed to have been massively downgraded.

Having done a quick Google, this Morrison’s page claims that it is both 7.5% and 5.2%, which is an interesting concept.

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/king-cobra-premium-beer-499978011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Started with Titanic plum Porter ,now on HB Hofbrau Dunkel . One more after maybe a Schlenkeria Smoked or a Munich Augustiner.

I have had that Titanic Plum Porter myself; lovely stuff. And the Schlenkerla smoked beer many times; a true classic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bolney Cuvee Noir Brut - 2014. Love a sparking red [emoji106]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And now a cheeky Brewdog Overworks Arcade City Tokyo Stout aged in whisky barrels 10% and some krautrock before bed.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nicely warm Malbec on the go

Slightly unpatriotic as from Argentina

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just got back home. Had two pints of “Gold” from the restaurant next door to the office which is now brewing beer in their kellar, a couple of pints of Stone pale ale, then went to Brewdog for a pint of Punk IPA and finished off with a Sudden Death Juice Willis NEIPA. Back home now and pondering my next move....

Have you tried Thornbridges Jamestown HT ?
It’s part of Tesco’s 8 cans for a tenner deal so is brilliant value for a crackinghazy Neipa

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you tried Thornbridges Jamestown HT ?
It’s part of Tesco’s 8 cans for a tenner deal so is brilliant value for a crackinghazy Neipa

Sadly no, I really really rate Thornbridge but due to my geographical location I rarely drink their beers these days.

As part of my exercise today, I cycled to a friend's house to take photos of his garden which I re-landscaped in the winter. He happened to be in and staying within social distancing guidelines, plied me with two cans of lager, but I didn't bother to see what was written on the cans. When I cycled back home, (is there a word for staggering slightly on a bike?), my next door neighbour presented me with a glass of ale brewed in the Hand in Hand pub, a very short distance away, still staying within social distancing guidelines. After that, I got a bottle of Leffe Kreik out of my fridge to wash my afternoon's work, down.
I'm now going to have my dinner consisting of chili and rice, which I'll finish with a bottle of Crabbies alcoholic Ginger Beer. I know how to live!

Sounds like a fine day, but you broke a few of the current rules in doing so. Went to a friends house and even had a beer with him...haha wish I could do that right now.

fwiw Pale Ale by Camden brewery tonight. Happy VE Day.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Carlsberg Special Brew (created in honour of Sir Winston Churchill).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sadly no, I really really rate Thornbridge but due to my geographical location I rarely drink their beers these days.

Ive got 16 due today on a click and collect order. I may not be posting for a while. It holds its alcohol really well so dangerous. I’ve been told by our gang to stop raving about it because Tesco’s don’t get enough in yet .

Ps The OG Hazy Jane from Brewdog is rather nice at 7.2 abv btw. Good Neipa

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here