Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Wrestlemania XXIX Thread

I do hope you have all read Bret Harts book, that is quite a read whether you like him or not...no 4 out of 10 for it either ;)

I've read Jericho's two (third out end of this year) and love them but not read Bret's yet...though i'm sure I wouldn't put it in my top 1000 wrestling books :wink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just caught up on wrestlemania. Only watch the odd ppv these days but I was impressed by taker. Seen the odd performance over the years where I think he should be put out to pasture but in a below part wm was noticeable how well he builds a match
Particular testament to his craft, and perhaps his decline, was how he usually gets one massive pop a year for going over the ropes at wm, while this year he got a massive pop just for looking like he was going to.
Now to re watch king of the ring 98 to see taker drag a semi conscious mankind through most of a match.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Anyone heard anymore of the Rock's 'injury' ? Have a feeling that he won't be back again

No I've not but tbh would be quite happy to see him leave now. Must be crap for the morale of the dressing room when Rock shows up for a month or so and gets his ass kissed. Don't get me wrong, back in the day when wrestling was his full time job he was superb.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Oh dear! All of a sudden I am feeling very old. I remember watching the early American wrestling featuring Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Roddy Piper to mention just a few. Haven't seen any for a few years now. Probably still fixed though:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I remember when WWF used to be preceded by the Dukes of Hazzard and followed by Saturday nights edition of Baywatch and Gladiators.

Those were the days.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I remember when WWF used to be preceded by the Dukes of Hazzard and followed by Saturday nights edition of Baywatch and Gladiators.

Those were the days.

Ah, but the youth of today have X factor, Dancing on Ice, The Voice and Britains' Got Talent. How could we possibly compete with such a line up?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone heard anymore of the Rock's 'injury' ? Have a feeling that he won't be back again

He tweeted early this morning that he was getting up for an early work out, then followed it with a tweet about how his doctors had warned him working out with a torn abdominal muscle would hurt.

There has been a fair bit in america media about HHH getting covered in dry ice, not so much about rock's injury.

Also, mick foley wrote in one of his books that his most painful injury ever was when he tore his abdominal muscle.

It certainly is suspicious.

On a side note, there is a video on YouTube that I won't link to for fear of google ads, of the Huston texans cheerleaders "fandangoing".

For anyone with twitter I'd recommend giving Fandango's page a look at after his exchanges today with Everton over their refusal to play his theme before their game tomorrow!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BHrTDe6CUAAfEPR.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here