Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official (were loose) Match Thread, Brighton vs Watford***

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Because throughout Sami's reign we were second only to Dortmund in some dubious stat about misrepresented league position.
Had we been tonked and outclassed a couple of time, the whole season could have been shaken up in December, instead of limping on for the entire season.

There's very little evidence that post-shake-up the balance of the season would have been all that much better.
Good-to-adequate defense and keeper. Abysmal offense.
Not sure an earlier management change would have changed the basics much.

Given Murphy's Law, a few panic-drivenJanuary-window signings gone wrong -- and they are crap-shoots -- and the atmosphere, if not necessarily the table, could actually have been worse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's very little evidence that post-shake-up the balance of the season would have been all that much better.
Good-to-adequate defense and keeper. Abysmal offense.
Not sure an earlier management change would have changed the basics much.

Given Murphy's Law, a few panic-drivenJanuary-window signings gone wrong -- and they are crap-shoots -- and the atmosphere, if not necessarily the table, could actually have been worse.
All very true, but we're likely to finish staying in the division on goal difference worse is almost academic.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Our season in 90 mins. Better team but a bad defensive error gifts other side a goal. Then we can't make pressure turn into gaols.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sod the fixtures. Until we get rid of the dead wood and sign some half decent players I won't be stepping near The Amex again anytime soon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bad bad bad 'fan' that I am I didn't even realise that it was a midday kick-off and that it was on TV, I only found it when I was channel-surfing.

Thought we played quite well actually, the fact that no one can score notwithstanding obviously.

EDIT: And I can't believe how poor Greer was. To those that go every week: was that a temporary aberration? Or is he on the decline?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Greer was truly shocking. We huffed and puffed and flattered. Watford just did enough and looked strong on the break. Ref was completely shitehouse but that mustn't detract from another inept performance from the hilariously termed " forward line"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bad bad bad 'fan' that I am I didn't even realise that it was a midday kick-off and that it was on TV, I only found it when I was channel-surfing.

Thought we played quite well actually, the fact that no one can score notwithstanding obviously.

EDIT: And I can't believe how poor Greer was. To those that go every week: was that a temporary aberration? Or is he on the decline?

I believe he has a tattoo which reads Best Before End 2013

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The way the other games are panning out it looks like Watford may well clinch promotion today. Good luck to them.

Fulham 1 - 0 Middlesbrough
Rotherham 0 - 0 Norwich (Grabban sent off for fighting)

Also a good job Millwall lost last week coz they are doing Derby 2-1

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This tweet doesn't look too positive

INIGO CALDERON ‏@I_CALDERON_14 5m5 minutes ago

I hope it hasn't been the last game at the Amex.
Thanks for all the support!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here