**** The OFFICIAL transfer window Albion Ins and Outs thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nyehus

Jun 21, 2011
Crawley Town have signed 24-year old-striker Billy Clarke from Blackpool on a two-and-a-half year deal

D

Deleted member 18477

Albion chasing Newcastle right-back James Tavernier on loan.

so thats reyes and mattock and tavernier!

+ were in for keith andrews apparently.

(we may not be in for another striker... CMS, vokes and barnes with noone, buckley, lualua supporting and bridcutt, sparrow, navarro, dicker, JFC & ANDREWS? you never know...)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading seem to think they have Andrews in the bag.

Not clear about Hosky - first he was only going dependant on other signings then he has gone! Will there be another forward in? (still hearing the Phillips rumour from a friend who knew his family when he was at Birmingham - trying to find out more)

And Reyes/Mattock...... is it a done deal and is it for both? If it is then why are we after Tavernier still?

I'm sure all will become clear but at least we have good news on Nooney - would've hated to lose him

Paul Camillin has said on twitter that we are closing in on two Premier League players, whom I assume are Reyes and Mattock. No mention of anyone else though, so maybe Naylor's suggestion that the Hoskins deal was dependent upon other deals going through was wrong?

D

Deleted member 18477

AndyNaylorArgus Andy Naylor
Sounds like Nooney staying + take your pick from 2 of Tavernier/Jara Reyes/Andrews or A.N. other(s) Premier League players in. #bhafc

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From Paul Camillin on Twitter: #BHAFC do NOT expect anybody else to be leaving (either loan or permanently) today. Also closing in on deals for two Premier League players.

That'll do me. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Paul Camillin has said on twitter that we are closing in on two Premier League players, whom I assume are Reyes and Mattock. No mention of anyone else though, so maybe Naylor's suggestion that the Hoskins deal was dependent upon other deals going through was wrong?

Naylor mentions Andrews but he seems sure to go to Reading. If Woy H has said we are getting Mattock and Reyes and Paul C says 2 Premier League players then Mattock and Reyes it is.

Surprised no midfielder or forward based on what has been flying around from Gus and other stuff today

Delighted if we do get two top level experienced full backs as that has been our biggest problem IMO necessitating playing CMS as a lone forward while Barnes covered the wide defence to stop opposition fullbacks getting forward on to Calde/Tarrico/Vincelot/elAbd

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
From Paul Camillin on Twitter: #BHAFC do NOT expect anybody else to be leaving (either loan or permanently) today. Also closing in on deals for two Premier League players.

That'll do me. :thumbsup:

Suck on that, Baaaaaaaaaadiff knobs.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Some positive posts on the West Brom com forum about Reyes' recent form until he got injured - but also note there are three pages about Joe Mattock that don't paint a very confident picture, especially his lack of pace which suggests he would not solve our existing deficiency.

Maybe Tavernier would be a better bet if we can get him?

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Naylor mentions Andrews but he seems sure to go to Reading. If Woy H has said we are getting Mattock and Reyes and Paul C says 2 Premier League players then Mattock and Reyes it is.

Unless, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the Reyes deal will be done once the loan window reopens and he is fit to play, in which case there is still one more mystery player to sign...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Grrrr...to many threads on the same subject here today!

D

Deleted member 18477

Unless, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the Reyes deal will be done once the loan window reopens and he is fit to play, in which case there is still one more mystery player to sign...

mattock and Tavernier

and maybe andrews

with reyes to sign in loan window when fit.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Has there been any discussion if Reyes/Mattock/Tavernier are loan to buy as per Vokes ?. Seems strange to me to be bringing in pure loanees. Really not sure on Hoskins deal either if we aren't getting anyone in to replace wonder how he feels about it all and if he'll want to come back in the future.

Has there been any discussion if Reyes/Mattock/Tavernier are loan to buy as per Vokes ?. Seems strange to me to be bringing in pure loanees. Really not sure on Hoskins deal either if we aren't getting anyone in to replace wonder how he feels about it all and if he'll want to come back in the future.

I *think* that Reyes is out of contract in the summer, so in effect he's all but left West Brom if he arrives on loan. Tavernier is a young reserve at Newcastle, doesn't sound like a loan-to-buy situation, but if he's plugging an obvious deficiency in the squad I don't really have a problem with that. Not sure on Mattock, thought he was highly rated a couple of years ago, but if West Brom aren't keen (a few seemingly didn't think him up to the PL) he might be a candidate for a permanent transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports