**The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest, who was the last manager you approved of? For more than 2 months after taking over? You wanted Wilkins out, you welcomed Adams. Then you turned on him. Slade is now the lucky recipient of your 'support'. Just who would you be happy with as manager for a season or two?

McGhee will be his favourite. Of recent times, at least. US never misses an opportunity to tell us how much better off we'd be with MM still in charge, how successful we'd be if only he'd had the money.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really don't think any of us really think we are anything but Mickey Mouse, but we can dream, you seem to have lost the ability and settled into being a moaning irritable old bastard who seems to want to be able to say " I told you so" when things don't pan out (which let's be honest as an Albion fan they seldom do!!)

In 1982/1983 I was 20/21 , Brighton were in the premiership, they got to the fa cup final , a Saturday would see Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea at the Goldstone.

I was young free and single with folding in my pocket, handsome, fit and the biggest worry was what shirt to wear with my disco suit I would wear to the Pink Coconut on a Saturday night. The 2nd biggest worry was if I would pull and keep up my form in the pulling league table me and my mates had devised.

Sunday would comprise of a cruise in my Ford Capri along to the Strip at the Ship on London Road.

Now .....................................................................................

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out of interest, who was the last manager you approved of? For more than 2 months after taking over? You wanted Wilkins out, you welcomed Adams. Then you turned on him. Slade is now the lucky recipient of your 'support'. Just who would you be happy with as manager for a season or two?

McGhee - football genius and therefore

Wilkins - hated appointment but respect followed after 2nd season, still did not think he was the man long term so

Adams - was delighted and supported for 5 months until it was clear he had lost the plot and was an imposter then

Slade - was not overwhelmed at 3rd choice and early results were awful but loved him when he kept us up but again do not think he is the right man long term and a whole season will find him out

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love this, nine pages and we haven't even signed anyone!!

Just in case you are only just looking now, WE HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYONE YET!!

1 hour 20 minutes to go...

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think some of the problems we have had in the past year is down to too many new players coming in who are just not good enough but have been signed for the sake of it, whether on loan or permanent, it has disrupted the team.

We need to settle down and give Russell Slade and the team time to gel. To be honest with you, i'd rather see a new first team coach being signed today than a new player as I think given time the team we have got will at least finish mid-table this season.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
In 1982/1983 I was 20/21 , Brighton were in the premiership, they got to the fa cup final , a Saturday would see Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea at the Goldstone.

I was young free and single with folding in my pocket, handsome, fit and the biggest worry was what shirt to wear with my disco suit I would wear to the Pink Coconut on a Saturday night. The 2nd biggest worry was if I would pull and keep up my form in the pulling league table me and my mates had devised.

Sunday would comprise of a cruise in my Ford Capri along to the Strip at the Ship on London Road.

Now .....................................................................................

Two points Gareth

What is 'folding in your pocket' and no wonder we did not win that many if we were playing Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea all on the same day.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I don't think the club are expecting much to happen for us today. In January there was a thing on the website on deadline day updating the deals (McNulty, Davies etc...) as they happened.

Today, nothing.

Brilliant it was too! :clap2:

8.30am: Boss Micky Adams cancels training, due to adverse weather - which has left pitches unplayable and roads treacherous.

8:55am: No news yet, but the phone just rang. Turned out to be a wrong number, but it's a good early sign.

9:00am: Rita the part-time cleaner puts the kettle on. It's a tough decision for Martin Perry; hobnob or jaffa cake?

9:30am: Brows are furrowed and pens chewed all round Withdean as staff try to think of any other ex-players we could tempt back for a second stint at the Albion.

9:40am. Shh. We're THINKING.

9:45am. Raphael Meade! It's a unanimous decision!

9:53am. Can't find a phone number for Raphael. We try Facebooking him, but apart from coming across a 13-year old called Raphale Mead in La Jolla, CA (into Neyo and the LA Lakers) we draw a blank. Back to the drawing board it is then.

10:00am Kettle's back on.

10.55am We have run out of milk. Paper, scissor, stone to decide who has to perform the milk run. The result will be published in due course.

10.58am Controversy reigns as Perry loses the challenge. After winning the first round against Micky, the best of three role came into play. In a dramatic late twist, Micky turned around the deposit with a paper covers stone and then a scissors cuts paper maneuver. Perry, understandably distraught, grabbed his coat and proclaimed this was the last time he would EVER partake in such an event.

11.01am Nicky Forster hurls abuse at Glenn Murray for missing a relatively straight forward chance on FIFA.

11:07 Tension mounts in the office as MA wants to watch loose women at half 12 but Dick Knight insists they watch Bargain hunt.
You could cut the atmosphere with a knife here at Albion towers.

11:09 - Davies is here to sign, but no-one can find a pen. The entire squad start hunting around the offices for one, only to discover that Kerry Mayo has been sitting on it the whole time.

12:33pm: Insider is going up the shop for a Twix.

5:02pm Albion chairman Dick Knight refills empty paper tray in Albion fax machine and out pops a bid from Cardiff City for Glenn Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports