Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Tour de France, thread.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Saxo-Bank are pulling out of sponsoring the team after this year, so i think its the same team (owner & some riders) but under new main sponsorship.

apparently the schlecks are looking into a Luxembourg team to ride for

I believe they have extended th contract. With Contador on board they have a great chance to actually back the winner.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tiny amounts but could well be indicative of deliberate doping.
Hard to see how clenbuterol could be an accidental contaminant in food.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Always suspected he wasn't clean. Spanish and Italian cyclists have been the main culprits in recent years. However the article says the amount found was 400 times less than WADA labs are supposed to be able to test for. I'm not sure what the significance of that is but it is yet another sad day for cycling.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I absolutely LOVE the choice of picture the BBC have used on the website.

_49312439_contadorpresser466.jpg

Look at the size of his eyes, matey is high as f***.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And today I witnessed first hand the magnificent Cancellara win the world time trial championships in my home town. He's a freaking machine that guy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always suspected he wasn't clean. Spanish and Italian cyclists have been the main culprits in recent years. However the article says the amount found was 400 times less than WADA labs are supposed to be able to test for. I'm not sure what the significance of that is but it is yet another sad day for cycling.
Just about to dig into this, but my gut reaction is similar.
Brailsford was asked about signing AC on the back of saying 'we do fully extensive test, before signing anyone, and have turned people away'.
Although not saying anything DB left the interviewer in know doubt that Sky would never sign him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and if every other sportsman was tested a often as a pro cyclist, we wouldn't have professional sport.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
But it keeps happening regardless of any other sports, complete waste of time and effort, bearing in mind I've just returned from 11 years in France.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dave Millar seems to think we shouldn't jump the gun.
Even though I, like Pantani, still stand by my own gut reaction.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The problem is, so many of them eventually fail tests that you get to the point where you assume they are doping.

The riders have a far greater incentive to cheat than the authorities do to find them, thus there are probably plenty of drugs out there that we don't even know about yet and they haven't invented tests for.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lets not get too carried away with labeling doping as just a problem in cycling. There is absolutely no way it is the only sport where this happens. It is just that cyclists are tested more often than any other sportsmen. If footballers had to undergo the same level of testing I am convinced that loads would be found to be doped. As for American sports it is safe to assume nearly everyone has been chemically enhanced owing to their slack testing procedures. Tennis seems likely to be sport rife with doping too. I would suggest looking up the Operation Puerto doping case to those who think it is only cyclists involved in this sort of thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
American sport is rife with drugs, I believe golf to be one of the worse offenders, mainly due to virtually no testing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here