Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The official thread: I am bored of the news coverage of...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Who knew?

Colourful history of the previous Duke of Sussex
If Harry and his royal fiancee do become the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they will no doubt be interested to know that the first and only previous Duke of Sussex was Prince Augustus, sixth son of King George III.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The media will lap this up, expect wall to wall coverage, supplements in the papers (The Mail will have uber excitement over this), etc. Harry seems nice, and I'm sure she is, but I can't see him wanting loads of fuss - so let them get on with it and let this become one of the 'And finally' stories rather than royal treacle overload.

And as for Will's and Kate's third sprog. I wasn't that interested in no1 or 2, but 3 will just be the Edward of this generation.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
5th in line for the throne or something like that so really just a minor royal. So we get wall to wall news coverage. Why its so boring.

Meanwhile nothing about the Irish issue, the Popes visit to Burma, the volcano in Bali.

Personally I think the FA took the engagement as good time to announce that Kung Fu Lukaku was not to be banned so they could avoid the uproar on their decision.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must have mis-heard it but I'll swear that it sounded as if Prince Harry was marrying Angela Merkel. :eek:

Germans? In our royal family? Are you MAD?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
And as for Will's and Kate's third sprog. I wasn't that interested in no1 or 2, but 3 will just be the Edward of this generation.

I have this feeling that feminism is going to creep into the Royal family and Charlotte will be the strong sister while her brother abdicates or dies mysteriously. Since Charlotte will be the first female to take the throne and have a younger brother, there will be a fight with her very old Uncle Harry and her younger brother for the power in the palace. Unfortunately Charlotte will have a liking for crystal objects and after building a new palace the monarchy will end.

Because there will be certain failure with a Crystal Palace.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
All news has been cancelled and replaced with a 24/7 party political broadcast on behalf of the rule by unelected multi millionaires party. Who said democracy was dead?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As an actor she must have got her norks out at some point surely ? That would make the whole thing slightly more interesting !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here