Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Well you've just managed to bag a palace ticket and then ask the sort of question you'd expect from someone attending their first away game.

It was a serious question, the other times I've been to Selhurst it was sit where you like. However, most of the away games I've been to this season (Reading and Pompy, for example), it's been reserved seating. It also seems to be a trend for clubs to make the away fans sit in their allocated seats. I asked because the people I'm going with managed to get their tickets before me and I would obviously want to sit with them.

Is that ok?

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
well, it's not really a problem, it's just that on 1360 points you've obviously been to an away match before, with that in mind with a 2,500 sell out there is no chance it'll be unreserved seating as i'm sure deep down you knew that, now if you mean "I want to sit where I like but am too scared to so i'll see what everyone else is doing (or claims to be doing) because I'm struggling with a decision here", then simply search any of the 2974 threads that have been on here regarding the old 'Sit in the allocated seat/sit where I damn well like' debate, and you'll probably find that the for/against opinion will remain the same, but hey it's got f*** all to do with me really as I usually sit in 'my' seat if it's available or where I like if it's not.

EDIT Hustpierpoint (above 538) has summed it up better in just one line

See my reply to Hustpierpoint.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It was a serious question, the other times I've been to Selhurst it was sit where you like. However, most of the away games I've been to this season (Reading and Pompy, for example), it's been reserved seating. It also seems to be a trend for clubs to make the away fans sit in their allocated seats. I asked because the people I'm going with managed to get their tickets before me and I would obviously want to sit with them.

Is that ok?

Fair enough, the tickets all have a seat row/number on them and there is no mention of unreserved seating so it's officially reserved, although just like any BHA away day, a certain number of individuals will relocate themselves to be back, I'd guess against Palace this is even more likely to happen.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Highly likely to be some left over then so would be good for the club to state what will happen next. They cant go on general sale surely with people with 1100-1200 points not getting any priority?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
who needs points :whistle:

Points mean prizes Das

image-1-for-yourlife-telly-money-11-05-11-gallery-965352659.jpg

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Highly likely to be some left over then so would be good for the club to state what will happen next. They cant go on general sale surely with people with 1100-1200 points not getting any priority?

I'd be surprised if those people didn't get a look in first. The club will need to announce something soon though.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
ticket arrived on the doormat this morning - idyllic.

By the way for persons considering home end - from a spot of research I did before ticket details were released, you do not have to be on the palace database to get home end tickets-only know the name of someone who is.....this was the impression I got from the dozy bint on the ticket line a couple of weeks ago.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
ticket arrived on the doormat this morning - idyllic.

By the way for persons considering home end - from a spot of research I did before ticket details were released, you do not have to be on the palace database to get home end tickets-only know the name of someone who is.....this was the impression I got from the dozy bint on the ticket line a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty sure this is true also. Although if your found to be a Brighton fan in the home end you will be thrown out and have no refund.....also from the daft bint on the phone.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Pretty sure this is true also. Although if your found to be a Brighton fan in the home end you will be thrown out and have no refund.....also from the daft bint on the phone.

This is true, we have 4 in the main stand no problem at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here