Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Disgusted with Garretts actions this morning, and expect him to be out a long time. Even if there was provocation theres no excuse for what he did. Dont think I've ever seen three players from the same team ejected in the same game either...we have to get our discipline sorted out.

Just listening to Kitchens post game PC & he is quite rightly furious with what happened, but points out that its a shame it overshadowed a great effort & win by the entire squad. Not often we beat Baltimore & Pittsburgh in the same season. Also, kudos to Nick Chubb, the first player in the league this season to go over 1000yds. :rave::clap2:

The Steeler repeatedly kicking Garrartt in the head when he was on the floor is something you do not often see either.

Browns seemed to give a lot of penalty's away in trying to lose that game. Rudolf turned the ball over a lot which helped the Browns, it may have been a different score if Big Ben was playing.

The Browns have overshadowed a big win here, lets hope they can build on this rather than it helps them self destruct.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Disgusted with Garretts actions this morning, and expect him to be out a long time. Even if there was provocation theres no excuse for what he did. Dont think I've ever seen three players from the same team ejected in the same game either...we have to get our discipline sorted out.

Just listening to Kitchens post game PC & he is quite rightly furious with what happened, but points out that its a shame it overshadowed a great effort & win by the entire squad. Not often we beat Baltimore & Pittsburgh in the same season. Also, kudos to Nick Chubb, the first player in the league this season to go over 1000yds. :rave::clap2:

I don't believe it. We beat the Steelers 21-7, I should be absolutely buzzing, but like you I'm disgusted. It's like that film Bedazzled (think the original with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, not the remake), where the devil (Cook) appears to grant the mortal (Moore) every wish, but there's always some hidden catch that Moore hasn't thought of which means it doesn't work out. Inexcusable behaviour and he will rightly be banned for a long time.

However I will clutch at a straw: with two straight wins there was an outside (very outside) chance of making the play-offs. Without Garrett that chance is now gone, so there is no risk of 'the hope killing me'. Another season written off, but for slightly different reasons than usual.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Some pretty wild scenes there in Cleveland, I couldn’t quite believe what I was watching. Long spell on the naughty step for Garrett.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Blimey, just saw the footage of the Garrett incident on the DDC website, deeply unpleasant, can't recall seeing anything like that in all the time I have been watching NFL, absolutely idiotic.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some pretty wild scenes there in Cleveland, I couldn’t quite believe what I was watching. Long spell on the naughty step for Garrett.

Is the NFL competing with the NHL for the amount of violence in a game - sad to see this happening.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NFL have released the fixtures for the Thanksgiving marathon

Up first Bears and Lions, then Bills and Cowboys finishing with Saints and Falcons. Looking forward to the Bills and Cowboys, just after everybody has been stuffing themselves silly with Turkey and Pumpkin Pie

Jul 7, 2003
Probably the first player in NFL history to be smashed over the head with his own helmet!

Having seen a few of the London games, I'm finally getting the full US experience today.

Luckily for my Saints supporting mate, we're surrounded by Gold & Black!

Over here for WWE Survivor Series weekend in Chicago, so will be catching Giants v Bears at Soldier Field next Sunday as well! 20191117_121403.jpg20191117_112405.jpg20191117_121413.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
England v Kosovo

Or

An evening with Scott Hanson?

Jul 7, 2003
Having seen a few of the London games, I'm finally getting the full US experience today.

Over here for WWE Survivor Series weekend in Chicago, so will be catching Giants v Bears at Soldier Field next Sunday as well!View attachment 117254View attachment 117255View attachment 117256

First NFL stadium I visited back in 1999 (year after it had opened). Couldn't believe the difference between how NFL fans approach a game and a 'soccer' match over here. The pirate ship just seemed so different back then compared to anything I had seen at a sports stadium before/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bucs kit is tough on the eye.

There's more people in my front room than at RFK Stadium.
(and I'm watching in the back room)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d imagine there is .... Washington not played there for a while !!

However it’s empty at FedEx field as well :)
Ha I knew I was wrong, but much like The Hogs I just couldn't be bothered!!

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos starting surprisingly well against the Vikings tonight. Shows how poorly Flacco was playing that Allen can make such a difference to the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll of a 'Lambeau Leap' by the Jets player.

He went straight over into the seats because there wasn't anybody there to stop him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Boom - Raiders do the business again

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Over here for WWE Survivor Series weekend in Chicago, so will be catching Giants v Bears at Soldier Field next Sunday as well!View attachment 117254View attachment 117255View attachment 117256

Spent a few Sundays there over the years - brilliant game day experience. Going to the London games really doesn't compare (& seems really poor imo) once you've tasted a proper NFL Sunday in the States.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
These pics are from 2010 when we dropped in at Ray Jay one afternoon as we were passing on our way home. Got a tour round from the security guard (who was originally from Northampton) which my eldest lad was stoked about as hes grown up a Bucs fan. He was born the year they won the Superbowl - & me and the missus said whoever won it that year would be his team :smile:

buc8.jpg
buc9.jpg
buc2.jpg
buc6.jpg
buc5.jpg
buc3.jpg
buc1.jpg
buc7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here