Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
This had fallen to page 16. We're less talkative than Marshawn Lynch!

Predictions for tonight, anyone? I hope I'm wrong, but I fancy the Patriots to win.

I want Seahawks to win, because I despise Patriots and Tom Brady. Although I can't believe how many people have jumped on the Seahawks bandwagon. Which quite annoys me.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Whats the expected finish time? Will start watching but doubt i can make it all the way through and still function effectively tomorrow.

Jul 7, 2003
Whats the expected finish time? Will start watching but doubt i can make it all the way through and still function effectively tomorrow.

A usual game would be around 3 hours on average but the SuperBowl has an extended half time so realistically you won't get to bed much before 3am - especially if you stay up to watch the trophy presentation.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A usual game would be around 3 hours on average but the SuperBowl has an extended half time so realistically you won't get to bed much before 3am - especially if you stay up to watch the trophy presentation.

Thanks. I suspect i would be roaming the office floor like a grumpy old bear if i stayed up that late !

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I want the Seahawks to win but feel the Pats will take a large first half lead from which there will be no coming back. I don't think the Hawks can do it again. They shot their lot a fortnight ago.
Proviso: Unless correctly inflated footballs have an adverse effect on Brady to chuck them.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
gotta go with the pats today- although I would have loved to have seen the packers get there as mentioned earlier

hope its a tight one although its such a massive event, its always going to be dramatic

bring it on!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I want the Seahawks to win but feel the Pats will take a large first half lead from which there will be no coming back. I don't think the Hawks can do it again. They shot their lot a fortnight ago.
Proviso: Unless correctly inflated footballs have an adverse effect on Brady to chuck them.

It was a great game and shows they have resilience. Two weeks is more than enough to recover physically (i presume) and they are clearly mentally strong enough. I am with the Seahawks tonight!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have been unable to have anything 'gridiron' near me since 2 weeks ago.

This will be the first Superbowl I've not watched for donkey's years.
I just can't face it.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Approximately 3:30 to 4:00 a.m. Usual time of a Super Bowl is 4 to 4.5 hours. Game time is 11:30 p.m. This is due to the extended half time show with Katey Perry. I heard she is either doing this show for free or paying to play due to the huge publicity push that this half time show gives to the artist. It's worth millions and millions.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its an NFL bin fest on sky3. Its been on since the morning (our morning). Nice to dip in and out of. Really reminds me of the old days with the FA cup final.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She's certainly got a tough act to follow.
The boy Mars knocked it out of the stadium, last year.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Neutral - but probably favor Seahawks as getting a bit tired of all the Brady, Bellichick hoopla in the States. Brady normally comes over as a fairly grounded guy who just happens to earn a gazillion bucks a year and has a supermodel wife. NBC started their pre-game show at 1pm - 5 hours chewing the fat is way too long.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
It was a great game and shows they have resilience. Two weeks is more than enough to recover physically (i presume) and they are clearly mentally strong enough. I am with the Seahawks tonight!

It certainly showed they had resilience, they will have recovered physically but I think rather than letting them back in the game (if the first half goes the same way) the Pats will put them to sleep. A bit like the 82-83 FA Cup final replay in a way.
Anyhow I'm sure we're both agreed it'll be a great game and I'll metaphorically doff my cap to your superior Superbowl predicting ability should you be right.
I do like the fact that the UK support for this game seems to be gaining momentum. I've even got people on my FB page saying they're envious of people getting excited at the late night sport and asking if they can go round to an "expert's" house to get a better grasp of the rules. I think this year will see the largest Superbowl audience in the UK.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not really much into 'pop' music but this kid is a real entertainer.
I remember heading to the kitchen when BM came on, and not actually getting there till the third quarter.

I thought the Chilli Peppers spoiled it, and if I was a 'fan' of either act it would have been them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here