Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm sure I can rely on your sympathy as I spend my week in Arizona wondering if there's anything to write about either team that hasn't been written many times before. Even the Pats' latest piece of, er, gamesmanship with the alleged deflated football feels familiar. Anyway, must dash as I have to find out whether my media hotel has a decent swimming pool.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Cannot wait for Feb 1st now, Brady is only 2 more postseason games with 3 or more TD's away from Montana's record. It's a hard one to call as Brady is better than Wilson but the seahawks defense is unreal

Cannot wait for Feb 1st now, Brady is only 2 more postseason games with 3 or more TD's away from Montana's record. It's a hard one to call as Brady is better than Wilson but the seahawks defense is unreal

Sherman's left arm has to be a worry for the seahawks though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Totally underwhelmed by this years Bowl, can't stand either team. In a way I have a begrudging respect for Brady which just about at level pegging with my loathing of him, so I wouldn't mind if Tom got another ring. I may actually give this one a miss.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Totally underwhelmed by this years Bowl, can't stand either team. In a way I have a begrudging respect for Brady which just about at level pegging with my loathing of him, so I wouldn't mind if Tom got another ring. I may actually give this one a miss.

The Patriots are very easy to respect but hard to love. Having spent a few days in the belly of the beast a few years ago, I found them very polite and friendly, but more like a bank or an insurance company than a sports team. Robert Kraft has some warmth about him, but Belichick is appalling. The 49ers are the most welcoming of the NFL teams I've had dealings with..

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm very excited. I thought the Seahawks comeback in yesterday's game was just the warm-up I needed. Poor Green Bay didn't know what hit them in the last few minutes. It was a mighty impressive mugging. Lynch was also fantastic. Man machine.

As for the Patriots, I like the idea of the Patriots, but in reality I can't get excited by them.

As a NY Jets follower I'm somewhat starved of personal success anyhow.

Carroll said that he should be ok, hopefully he is as although i want the patriots to win, he is quality. That end-zone interception off rodgers was brilliant

If I didn't know any better that interception almost looked like Rodgers was passing it to Sherman...it was that good. I read on NFL.com that Sherman is having a scan on his arm as a precaution but there's no breaks.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Watched the Seahawks Packers game last night. What a fantastic advert for the sport, it was superb. I was wondering what the Seahawks were doing given it was at hime but the Packers were top class. Then the slow turnaround turned into hurricane! Massively impressed but the grit shown by the Seahawks. Great game.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Quite fun reading the game back on here from last night too!

Good point their hampster was a great advert for the sport I bet wembley were licking their lips after that game and their tickets going on individual sale this morning! Bet they sold a few extra on the back of that!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Patriots are very easy to respect but hard to love. Having spent a few days in the belly of the beast a few years ago, I found them very polite and friendly, but more like a bank or an insurance company than a sports team. Robert Kraft has some warmth about him, but Belichick is appalling. The 49ers are the most welcoming of the NFL teams I've had dealings with..

I actually like Kraft, he's seems to be a progressive owner and I like his championing of a London franchise. I'll watch the game and hope that it retains my interest. Enjoy the game.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
For you newbies that saw 'The Ice Bowl' mentioned yesterday.
Here's (if you can get past the American mush) why it shouldn't have been:-

It's amazing how much of a southern (Alabama) accent that Bart Starr has acquired since his days playing for the Packers.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This had fallen to page 16. We're less talkative than Marshawn Lynch!

Predictions for tonight, anyone? I hope I'm wrong, but I fancy the Patriots to win.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
This had fallen to page 16. We're less talkative than Marshawn Lynch!

Predictions for tonight, anyone? I hope I'm wrong, but I fancy the Patriots to win.

Haha iv seen him do some bizarre interviews (his skittles one my favourite) but his super bowl one was weird,Classic lynch!

I want Seahawks but think patriots will win!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I've absolutely loved his antics.

Agree on the prediction; perhaps one of the more knowledgeable posters on this thread can help me, but I genuinely can't see how it's possible to stop a fit Gronkowski. As I say, I hope I'm wrong.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm not heavily in to my NFL but I love the Super Bowl. Like the FA cup final on a mixture of steroids and crystal meth. With Boston being one of my favourite cities in the world I'm going with the Pats, but I'm sad the Packers didn't get there - I love the way that they are fan owned, and are always in the hunt despite being one of the "little guys".

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Oh and for those into gaming - it appears that Xbox live have dropped the price for Madden 15 from £54.99 (ridiculous money for s digital download if you ask me), to a more respectable £19.99. Downloading it now. Can't wait :)

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The feeling I'm getting from fans in the states is they don't want either side to win. In choosing between the lesser evils most fans choose Seattle because they don't seem to cheat or they have not yet been caught cheating. Arrogance is more likely the Seahawks' vice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here