The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Shame - I was looking forward to writing about a bloke called Ha-Ha at the Super Bowl. But he's not laughing now ...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bit of a rout by the Pats, 45-7 against the Colts with 10 minutes to go in the 4th. Brady on his way for 6th SB.

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
Bit of a rout by the Pats, 45-7 against the Colts with 10 minutes to go in the 4th. Brady on his way for 6th SB.

"Bit of a rout" seems like a bit of an understatement. It's PAINFUL.

It is going to make the actual Superbowl interesting though. I will admit to not really caring who won the earlier game today, but so as long as someone beats Tom Brady on the 1st we're happy here in Oregon. :)

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Lets be honest - its been all but certain since the end of the 1st quarter. The Seahawks dominance is well and truly over in spectacular style. 2 TDs needed by the Seahawks as it stands - more chance of it being 45C outside in Sussex tomorrow.....

I'll have to get out the sun screen for Monday. 45 C---oh my!

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Utterly gutted we threw it away like we did. The first two drives should have been TDs, instead we get 6. At 21, or even 14, we would have won.
The fake field goal changed the game and got that silly 12th man involved. Then the interception where the guy didn't run the ball back, the onside kick, the crazy 2pt conversion. A massive run of bad decisions/luck conspired against us.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

It's rather what I expected. That's all I can say at this time---too emotional.

I would much rather lose such as the Colts than how the Packers lost.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
AFC - The Colts are ridiculously lucky to be here.

Bellicheck loves this matchup and in the two most recent installments has blown the Colts away with a power running game, I expect that to happen again.

On the other side of the ball much will depend on whether the Packers poor run defence can stop Marshawn Lynch on the ground, otherwise they will be relying on turnovers.

Quite happy with that - wasn't expecting the Packers to generate 5 turnovers though.

As for the big one.

This Patriots defence is probably the best that Bellicheck has had in his time in New England and I don't expect Marshawn Lynch to run all over them, much will depend on Russell Wilson's ability to make plays happen with his limited recievers and scrambling ability but the New England secondary is good enough to shut them down. Bellicheck is also the master of in game adjustments. I just don't see any way that scoring is easy for Seattle.

But the Patriots aren't going to win this one on the ground like they did last night. Seattle will look to make Brady beat them in the air. The big matchup is how Seattle deal with Gronkowski, If Brady gets in tune with his favourite reciever this could get ugly but I strongly doubt Seattle will let that happen.

I expect it to be low scoring and close. PATS by 3

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Dr6.jpg

An original member of the American Football League (AFL), the Patriots joined the NFL in the 1970 merger of the two leagues. The team changed its name from the original Boston Patriots after relocating to Foxborough in 1971, although Foxborough is a suburb 22 miles (35 km) away from downtown Boston.

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/new...onal-team-july-10-part-2015-concacaf-gold-cup

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Don't know what way to call the super bowl! Epically after all the drama of these playoffs. Think il be routing for Seattle though. Shame kick off is so late for us [emoji17]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports