Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
Christ, I never would have overruled that.
That's an incredibly harsh ruling.

Thought it was harsh as well. Big third down after the two minute warning will decide this. Packers make the play, game over. Cowgirls stand firm, then we'll see what Romo is made of.

Jul 7, 2003
That final play by Rogers probably says it all for the Packers luck tonight - a tipped pass that still finds a receiver. Still, great game - hope the next one is a really boring blow out with the Broncos 35 points up at the half:angel:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At worst the ruling on the field should stand there, I know we got some luck last week but this story of Rodgers on 1 leg going to the bowl continues - nice play by the refs

Thought it was harsh as well. Big third down after the two minute warning will decide this. Packers make the play, game over. Cowgirls stand firm, then we'll see what Romo is made of.
You can see the ruling in slo-mo.

But that all completely negates a fair catch, 3 steps, and control of the ball.

They are the rules then so be it, but but they are bloody harsh rulings.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
@OBJ_3: I by no means cheer for Dallas but I have no idea what or how thts not called a catch . Thts a joke

Odell beckham agrees! Lol

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As a Packers fan I'm obviously pleased that the call was overturned, but still shocked, I thought it was an unbelievable catch.

Already had my email from Packer Fan Tours offering me tickets in Seattle next week!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ok, I've gone and done it. I am really enjoying making Sunday evenings NFL evenings on my long and slow journey to learning about this sport. But I've taken it a step further. I have just got two season tickets for the London matches :) Live short distance away so should work well.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Ok, I've gone and done it. I am really enjoying making Sunday evenings NFL evenings on my long and slow journey to learning about this sport. But I've taken it a step further. I have just got two season tickets for the London matches :) Live short distance away so should work well.

That's great!! You'll really enjoy it, theirs nothing like being there. Think am going to do the chiefs v lions in November!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
My first game was in Atlanta for the falcons v eagles and wow it was simply incredible the noise on tele doesn't do it justice, the experience was something else and got me hooked from then! Then wenbley this year for lions v falcons. Again the experience was fantastic they do a brilliant job of bringing the razz mantras of the nfl. Again atmosphere is good and noisy, helped by the fact is was a epic game, obviously not as noisy as a home game for a team in America as the stadium is mainly neutrals but still a lot of people made noise and got behind the falcons....... Until the lions made the dramatic comeback and the noise shifted sides!! All bar the result it's a great day. I'd recommend getting their quite early and taking it all in! Also their is a huge fan park on the Saturday before each game in either regents street or Trafalgar Square which I'd also really recommend!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My first game was in Atlanta for the falcons v eagles and wow it was simply incredible the noise on tele doesn't do it justice, the experience was something else and got me hooked from then! Then wenbley this year for lions v falcons. Again the experience was fantastic they do a brilliant job of bringing the razz mantras of the nfl. Again atmosphere is good and noisy, helped by the fact is was a epic game, obviously not as noisy as a home game for a team in America as the stadium is mainly neutrals but still a lot of people made noise and got behind the falcons....... Until the lions made the dramatic comeback and the noise shifted sides!! All bar the result it's a great day. I'd recommend getting their quite early and taking it all in! Also their is a huge fan park on the Saturday before each game in either regents street or Trafalgar Square which I'd also really recommend!

Nice one

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've been to every single Wembley game since 2009.

Unfortunately most have been blowouts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next Sunday Packers v Seattle 19:30
New England v ? 23:40.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
At worst the ruling on the field should stand there, I know we got some luck last week but this story of Rodgers on 1 leg going to the bowl continues - nice play by the refs

By rule he must hold on to it and have entire control when hitting the ground - the Calvin Johnson rule. It might stink as a rule but it was the correct call.

Last week's call in favour of the Cowboys was actually incorrect. So you can't complain too much.

And anything that pisses off that well known Dallas fan Chris Christie is good enough for me.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Next Sunday Packers v Seattle 19:30
New England v ? 23:40.

New England vs Indianapolis in Foxboro, Mass (MA). Peyton Manning could not equal his replacement with the Colts, Andrew Luck.

Go Colts!!!!!!!!

andrew-luck-of-the-indianapolis-colts-1.jpg

indianapolis-colts1.png

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Do franchises always keep their "nickname" when they move cities, or it the owner who keeps it and a new one might change?

The Baltimore Ravens are the old Cleveland Browns. When they moved they changed the nickname. The city of Cleveland sued the former Browns owner for the rights to the nickname. So the old Cleveland Browns are the Baltimore Ravens. The Indianapolis Colts were the Baltimore Colts before they moved to Indianapolis in the 1980's. Then an expansion (brand new) team became the Cleveland Browns. So the Indianapolis Colts were the Baltimore Colts, the old Cleveland Browns are the Baltimore Ravens and there is a new Cleveland Browns with no players held over from the old Cleveland Browns (Ravens). The Los Angeles Rams moved to St Louis and became the St Louis Rams. The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and became the Los Angeles Raiders and then moved back to Oakland. The St Louis Cardinals were once the Chicago Cardinals in the 1960's and played some games on the same field as the Chicago Bears. Then the St Louis Cardinals (not to be confused with the St Louis Cardinals baseball team) moved to Phoenix and became at first the Phoenix Cardinals and then the Arizona Cardinals (this was just a name change). As was mentioned previously the Houston Oilers moved from Houston to Nashville and were the Tennessee Oilers for one year before they became the Tennessee Titans.

Am I missing any of the moves?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For you newbies that saw 'The Ice Bowl' mentioned yesterday.
Here's (if you can get past the American mush) why it shouldn't have been:-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here