The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Sounds like the St. Louis Rams are finally moving back to Los Angeles. The owner has announced plans to build an 80,000 seat NFL stadium in Inglewood. So it seems inevitable that they will be on their way once the stadium once the stadium is finished. It could still be a move to put pressure on St Louis to upgrade the stadium but I suspect not.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sounds like the St. Louis Rams are finally moving back to Los Angeles. The owner has announced plans to build an 80,000 seat NFL stadium in Inglewood. So it seems inevitable that they will be on their way once the stadium once the stadium is finished. It could still be a move to put pressure on St Louis to upgrade the stadium but I suspect not.

If ever a team relocated to L.A I was hoping it would be the Rams, grew up with the L.A Rams, never could get used to them in St Louis.

I had a feeling the Chargers may have ended up there, but glad its the Rams.

Not sure how it will go, L.A is a college and Basketball town.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not quite, still have the National Championship game on Monday the 12th (though it will be early Tuesday morning here so probably will want to Sky plus it)

Oregon Ducks (2) vs Ohio State Buckeyes (4) at the AT & T Stadium, Arlington, Texas. (Cowboys Stadium)

As there seems to be a bit of interest in the College game I will try and remember to do a pre season preview bit in August as well as post the polls each week.

Time for a different college thread next year I reckon! I'm going to try and watch the big one live but will likely fall asleep at half time.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah cool !! My gf lives in Philly I go their 3 times a year and she does the same over here, trying to get work and live out their.... Although she's wants to do the same over here! ANYWAY What you say is very true esp in Philly everyone their massively follows their city in any sport,fans of the eagles also support phillies/flyers/76'ers/union. Philly is one of the greatest sporting city's dare I say it..... In the world. They have huge baseball.nfl,ice hockey/basketball stadia all in one complex,as well as a great huge sports bar in the middle of it all, it's a sporting heaven! a lot go straight from watching eagles games to phillies right after the eagles game has finished or watching watching phillies then flyers. People moan about traffic getting out the Amex havnt seen anything when their is a one or more major events on in Philly at the same time! You follow the philles granny?

Yes dave. Have Phillies t shirts, cap, mug and as most Phillies fan, a sinking feeling every year. I also follow Union. They are not a bad side. Never really got into ice hockey or basketball!

Penn State for you Philly boys then.

beavernitefoto.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Time for a different college thread next year I reckon! I'm going to try and watch the big one live but will likely fall asleep at half time.

Probably best keep it all in one place or it'll just be you and me posting in it :lolol:

***The OFFICIAL NFL / NCCA 2015 Thread*** has a nice ring to it. :thumbsup:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
A college preview would be great when the time comes. I need to sort myself out a team to support, so any suggestions there would be welcome as well.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Jim Harbaugh at Michigan will be interesting. I like Michigan's kit as well.

They wanted him after Rich Rod, but the pull of the Niners was too much.

I expected more from Brady Hoke but they just got worse. Not even ranked now. Embarrassing for College the size of U of M.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If ever a team relocated to L.A I was hoping it would be the Rams, grew up with the L.A Rams, never could get used to them in St Louis.

I had a feeling the Chargers may have ended up there, but glad its the Rams.

Not sure how it will go, L.A is a college and Basketball town.

Do franchises always keep their "nickname" when they move cities, or it the owner who keeps it and a new one might change?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do franchises always keep their "nickname" when they move cities, or it the owner who keeps it and a new one might change?

Usually keep them, though when the Oilers moved to Tennessee , they kept that name for one season. Not much Oil in Nashville

They changed to the Titans as there is a lot of Faux Greek style architecture there.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Need to watch and i guess i will latch onto one team. I was thinking Jets or Panthers but there is no reason other than i think NY is a great city and i would like to go to Carolina one day.

I'd avoid the Jets if I were you - at least while Geno stays QB. D'Brickashaw Ferguson is, however, the best named player in the NFL (after the character in the Thorn Birds!).

Stick to Big Blue Football in NY!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
........oh, and when Art Modell took the Browns away from Cleveland to Baltimore. the City fought to keep the Browns name and History, so he had to totally change the uniforms and renamed them the Ravens

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.........though when the Baltimore Colts snuck off in the night for a new life in Indianapolis in 1983 they kept the name and the uniforms.

Jul 7, 2003
Hope viper doesn't mind I updated the list, remembered their was a couple on here that had been missed off

Why will nobody accept me as a Broncos fan of many years standing

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Sorted for you guys!

Jacksonville Jaguars - DFP, WillyFantastic

Arizona Cardinals - Gullyflyinghigh

Buffalo Bills - Herne Hill Seagull

Cincinatti Bengals - Lemming Stomper, Bladders

Washington Redskins - Hotchillidog

Minnesota Vikings - Ali_rrr, Eggman

NY Jets - SeagullTim

Cleveland Browns - Wattos Left Peg

Green Bay Packers - lola, Stat Brother, Juan Albion

Seattle Seahawks - Reinelt12, Hawk the Seagull

Baltimore Ravens -

NY Giants - Lower West Stander

Tennessee Titans - The Tassie Seagull

Houston Texans -

San Diego Chargers -

Carolina Panthers - bedsex

Detroit Lions -

San Francisco 49ers -

Dallas Cownoys - Wakeytom

Oakland Raiders - M20gull

Miami Dolphins - Miami Seagull (just a hunch)

Indianapolis Colts -

Philadelphia Eagles - granny weatherwax

St Louis Rams -

Chicago Bears- The Viper

Denver Broncos - thedonkeycentrehalf

Pittsburgh Steelers - spring hall convert

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da Man Clay

New England Patriots - Halbpro

New Orleans Saints -

Atlanta Falcons - daves143

Kansas City Chiefs-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports