Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Impressive stadium that cost over $1bn and to make me feel better there is controversy about the transport to and from it :)

I don't understand those private boxes right at the bottom, actually sunk a bit lower than the pitch. Visibility must be zero

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was about to say the same, wonder how much their paying for those box's?!

Knowing Jerry, a shit load!

The worst ones must be on the sideline, where the whole team is blocking your view.

I can only presume they watch it with a beer on a huge screen in their box and just take in the atmosphere :shrug:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Knowing Jerry, a shit load!

The worst ones must be on the sideline, where the whole team is blocking your view.

I can only presume they watch it with a beer on a huge screen in their box and just take in the atmosphere :shrug:

They have seats above the players PLUS access to the bars that are basically in the basement.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
You been to Lambeau? How did you get in? Thought there was a 30 year waiting list ?

The 30 year waiting list is for season tickets. All tickets are season tickets so a season ticket holding group which there are a majority of will sell tickets on Stubhub or the City of Ashwebanon(sp?) or Green Bay will give away their allotments.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Yes Dalton was poor, but the play calling didnt really help him, and he had 4 of his top weapons out.

The D really lost this one imo, they were awful, especially the D-Line, didn't get near or even hurry Luck all night.

Even on a sell out Blitz no one got with in 5 yards of him. :facepalm:

I also lost count of the easy check downs Luck had on his 4th reads ffs, with a good 4 yard minimum on every one.

RUBBISH!!

What is your American football background? I understand your football language but I'm not sure if it actually makes sense on the field.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Impressive stadium that cost over $1bn and to make me feel better there is controversy about the transport to and from it :)

There is controversy about a lot of the transportation in DFW. They aren't sure if they want to be car heavy (jammed interstate highways) such as L.A. or public transport such as NYC.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Quite an interesting question in general though: what is everybody's background (if any) in the game?

I watched it with my dad on Channel 4 in the 80s, and have relatively recently got back into it to the extent that it's close to being my favourite sport. Also, thanks in part to Bladders and a couple of others on here, I'm starting to watch some college games.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm saying I don't have the knowledge to know if it makes sense on the field.

I'm presuming you know what the first two parts of the post mean, playcalling, and to hurry the QB?

the Blitz: Most teams line up four D-Line man at the line of scrimmage that try to get to the QB. If you send more than four its a blitz.

If they load the box (thats usually 7 or 8 guys) and send them all its a sell out Bitz, i.e you're sending everybody pretty much except a couple of defensive backs.

A Check down, means his first and second choice of where the QB wanted to throw it to is covered so he goes to his 3rd reciever or maybe his running back who's gone out on a wheel route (out the back and up the side line) or who dropped of his blocking duty to slip out for an easy catch and some cheap yards.

Hope that helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here