The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Totally agree Bladders - the new updated logo looks ok, but just waaaay too big on the helmet. Those jerseys are just awful too...bring back the creamsicle unis!

I mean the helmets aren't great, but they're just about bearable. But agree about the jerseys. The numbers are awful, look like a pocket calculator screen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree he should not have been out there, but the buck stops with the head coach, he picks the team. He was dumb enough to leave him in the Seahawks game when he was clearly not able to function after the first quarter hit, so I think he was clearly dumb enough to bring him back early.

I think RGIII gets way too much stick these days, it's been disappointing to see people turn on him and make mountains out of molehills. I'll be interested to hear what MMQB and Kornheiser have to say about last nights game this morning and how they spin it. Plenty of positives to dwell on given how many injuries there were. Kirk looked good but he'll have a tougher game next week.

As for your Packers, I thought they dug themselves out of a hole very well last night. taking the early FG's and not panicking really paid off. Good stuff from Rodgers again.
To me it feels like Kornheiser and the team are desperate to give RG 'the keys to the city', but they can never bring themselves to do it, just pulling back at the last moment.
I put that down to RG's ego.

You're right though it'll certainly make for interesting listening when I finally get the podcast, sons of bitches. :lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Totally agree Bladders - the new updated logo looks ok, but just waaaay too big on the helmet. Those jerseys are just awful too...bring back the creamsicle unis!

Until Bucco Bruce is restored to the logo the Buccs are DEAD to me ..,,

DEAD!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To me it feels like Kornheiser and the team are desperate to give RG 'the keys to the city', but they can never bring themselves to do it, just pulling back at the last moment.
I put that down to RG's ego.

You're right though it'll certainly make for interesting listening when I finally get the podcast, sons of bitches. :lol:

Listening to the show right now. Surprisingly hysteria free.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I neglected this thread for a few days and feel suitably ashamed for doing so.

In case it's not been mentioned yet, another win for the Cardinals. Certainly wasn't the best performance and will need to step it up a little against the 49'ers but hey, they all count.

I was at the game.

The Giants lost it rather than the Cardinals winning it. If Cruz had been capable of the basic skill of catching a football when thrown straight to him on consecutive plays, they would have won. Can't imagine what Manning must've been thinking.

The woman sitting behind me completely lost the plot, she'd definitely have been chucked out if she'd been in the WSL........

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I was at the game.

The Giants lost it rather than the Cardinals winning it. If Cruz had been capable of the basic skill of catching a football when thrown straight to him on consecutive plays, they would have won. Can't imagine what Manning must've been thinking.

The woman sitting behind me completely lost the plot, she'd definitely have been chucked out if she'd been in the WSL........

To be fair, much of what I've read/seen has said similar.

Still, the Cardinals took advantage of the situation and walked away with a win, the manner of it isn't really all that important by comparison...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Watched a few clips lastnight from the games I hadn't seen over the weekend. My favorite play was Chris Conte's flying interception to pick off Kapernick, outstanding.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Oh wow. Are the Buccaneers even a football team? I mean I know their first two games were pretty close loses, but that was a complete blow out! The Falcons have looked alright this season, but not "40 point blowout" good.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh wow. Are the Buccaneers even a football team? I mean I know their first two games were pretty close loses, but that was a complete blow out! The Falcons have looked alright this season, but not "40 point blowout" good.

I saw the score this morning. The Buccs were 35-0 down before they even got a first down.

I like this Falcons team, they had terrible luck with injuries last year, they'll make the playoffs I'd imagine.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I saw the score this morning. The Buccs were 35-0 down before they even got a first down.

I like this Falcons team, they had terrible luck with injuries last year, they'll make the playoffs I'd imagine.

Well you'd bet on the Falcons or Panthers for divisional champs. I think the Falcons are probably better than the Panthers, but it's still very early.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well you'd bet on the Falcons or Panthers for divisional champs. I think the Falcons are probably better than the Panthers, but it's still very early.

Cam's fitness will have a big bearing on this one I reckon. The Falcons were the single biggest underachievers in the league last year. It won't happen again.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Going to watch Notre Dame against Syracuse at MetLife Stadium next Saturday – it will be my first college football game and looks like a really good fixture.

I can see the Giants going 0-3 this Sunday against the Texans. Texans are 2-0, after two fairly soft games against Washington and Oakland. Unless Beason gets his act together I can see the Texans running all over the Giants.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Going to watch Notre Dame against Syracuse at MetLife Stadium next Saturday – it will be my first college football game and looks like a really good fixture.

I can see the Giants going 0-3 this Sunday against the Texans. Texans are 2-0, after two fairly soft games against Washington and Oakland. Unless Beason gets his act together I can see the Texans running all over the Giants.

Nice, I actually prefer and watch more College football than NFL. Reckon it might be a blow out in favour of the Irish though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey chaps, no point having the thread if your not going to use it.

I started with the Packers, the less said about that, the better.
After yesterdays soccerball it was a tough match to watch.

Anyhoo, when that went beyond doubt, I had the good fortune to turn over to the 'Skins v Egirls.

Mid way through the 3rd quarter, it was a roaring game.
Had it all QB play, running play, defensive play, big hits, late hits, and a fight.

It's a shame the Giants won as well, because they are bankers to beat the Skins on short rest Thursday, they would have been a good price.

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully the Broncos will turn up for the second half against the Seahawks. Last two weeks we have been lucky not to throw it away with very poor second half offensive performances. This year we have a defence who can actually make a stand.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Russell Wilson has been unreal yet again today. Some brilliant passes including the 2 which got both of the Hawks touchdowns. Also turned Wide Reciever early in the game as well. The Seahawks defence vs the Broncos offense has been much like how it was for the Superbowl.....except the Broncos have some points on the board at HT as they got a field goal, but thats about it.

Massive improvement against a much better team compared to last weeks mediocre showing.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Much as I loved the trick play - I didn't like Russell being exposed and hit like that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports