**The Official Match Thread – Brighton and Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A Friday evening kick-off, in a popular seaside resort in high summer, at a stadium that depends on rail access for a vast proportion of supporters - that also has a massive number of London commuters arriving home about now - is an appalling call by SKY.

Nothing to do with the three cancelled trains then?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Superb goal by Kaz. I have always said (contrary to opinion) that he is best if he pays a more central role, as he has the ability to go right or left and he proved it with the goal.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good performance going forwards, but I'm really worried about the defence. Against a better team we would have lost tonight.

And without Dunk we would also have lost. Greer was in his shadow the whole game. Dunk looked worth every penny of the supposed offers received tonight. Perfect centre half performance.
Hughton did his homework very well, our defence was outstanding tonight IMO. There is a reason large bids are going in for Antonio, give Ward space and he will punish you. I doubt we will face many wingers better than these two this season and as Hughton rightly said that Forest side could quite easily win quite a few games if don't get to grips with their wingers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got home. I thought we were really good tonight, the atmosphere was great too. I enjoyed that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really like Stephens, concentrates on the simple stuff and does it very very well for me. As a CM pairing, you're not going to get much better than Stephens and Kayal at this level. And with Ince, JFC on the bench and Crofts still to come back.
I'm just not seeing that.

For me he's one touch too many, making him that much slower than the team.
If anyone is going to be just out of position it's Stephens, he's a yellow card waiting to happen.
Plus I can only remember 1 Gardeneresque punt from distance that was never ever going in - Stephens.

Obviously anyone next to Kayal is going to look ropey, and I'm not expecting DS to be Zidane, but I do think he needs to be better.

I see that place in the team still being up for grabs, with plenty of players in the squad that can take it from him.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I was referring to some of comments I have read here on NSC. Agree with you - he was brill.

There are a lot of negative comments on here, some before we even kick a ball. Don't know if it was just me, but I also thought the ref penalised us more than them.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
There are a lot of negative comments on here, some before we even kick a ball. Don't know if it was just me, but I also thought the ref penalised us more than them.

Agree with that, a number of soft/dubious free kicks around our box, and booking Stephens for a slight contact when Lansbury gets away with a potential legbreaker minutes earlier

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Agree with that, a number of soft/dubious free kicks around our box, and booking Stephens for a slight contact when Lansbury gets away with a potential legbreaker minutes earlier

Think the ref must have been on the Forest payroll :lolol: Their big, gum chewing player seemed to take delight in getting our players a yellow card.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Very dodgy ref.
Worryingly dodgy to be fair.
He seemed hell bent on giving them a great free kick opportunity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lansbury in the refs ear at every opportunity ..got his booking at the end :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong thread.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very dodgy ref.
Worryingly dodgy to be fair.
He seemed hell bent on giving them a great free kick opportunity.

*** Should have included the officials in the first post. ***

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports